No announcement yet.

Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mostly first and second fingers on the left hand, similar to Django Reinhardt.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

• If Joplin was new to you, and you wanted to get a feel for what she was about, I'd send you here...

Comment

• Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Comment

• I wish I could find a live performance of this.

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
          "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

• Joe Cocker and Grease Band - Feelin' Alright (LIVE in Cannes)

Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
            I wish I could find a live performance of this.
            I looked...some live, but not this one. You posted J. Cocker before- I think you'll like this.

Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 12-31-2011, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Not terrifically old, but a good sound

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
                  "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Comment

• Originally posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
                    Not terrifically old, but a good sound
                    Smack music. I got up and heard this yesterday morning and had to go back to bed. I was late for work, along with probably every other optician on the planet.

Not today though...

Comment

• Not the best quality video, but this is one of the best songs ever written - Waterloo Sunset by Ray Davies and the Kinks.

OptiBoard Administrator
                      ----
                      OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

• Montrose...What a blast from the past. I saw them in Dallas in the Cotton Bowl July 4th 1975. They were the openers. Also on were The Eagles, Trapeze and the Stones. We were there mostly for the Stones (of course..) but also for Trapeze. They were known for really great live shows...They made a big mistake letting Montrose go before them...

Nobody there had heard of Montrose, but they blew everyone away! The Eagles hadn't had a lot of radio air around there (yet) at the time, but they were awesome too. "One of These Nights" album had recently been released. They even played a few numbers that would later be on "Hotel California".

Then came on Trapeze. Oh, the anticipation!...And they sucked! They were out of tune and time on most songs. They were booed from the stage. The Stones were spectacular, as always. But everyone I've talked to that was there agreed, Montrose with Sammy, were the best of the show.

Some highlights/lowlights from the same concert;

As if it were Woodstock, there were announcements not to take the "brown" acid...

It was 104 degree's that day, even hotter on the field. People were passing out right and left. They opened some firehoses at the opposite end of the stadium that everyone crushed to get to..

Me and a buddy were making and taking bets on which direction people would fall when they passed out. He won the last one when he locked eyes with this girl standing above us. My buddy slowly started to lean to one side, this girl kept following his leaning until she fell down, passed out....

Comment

• We has a similar experience with a Jefferson Airplane concert. Their opening act was Iron Butterfly and this was before any station had played In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. They blew everyone away.

Then came Jefferson Airplane, only without Grace Slick who was reportedly ill. They really sucked and people were walking out before they were even done.

OptiBoard Administrator
                          ----
                          OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

• I had that happen to Yes once. The warm up band was called Gryphon. Nobody had ever heard of them. They came onstage one by one..drummer(oddly standing nearly upright behind his kit)...a bassist...a guitarist..a Rick Wakeman clone keyboardist(who was as good as Rick, also on the recorder)....and a..a..an electric bassoon! WTF??!!
                            They started playing and it was magical - the sound was perfect (you could see Eddie Offord at the board), the musicianship was outstanding, and a great time was had by all.
                            Then Yes came on and the evening was sorta ruined - their sound was too loud and distorted and rather muddy. Still they put on a great show, but Gryphon stole the show.

DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              Not the best quality video, but this is one of the best songs ever written - Waterloo Sunset by Ray Davies and the Kinks.
                              A friend of mine thinks Ray Davies is the rock poet god, has everything he recorded, but I don't remember hearing this one.

Here's a live version of Waterloo Sunset if you're interested.

Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 04-13-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• For the most notable newcomer to the thread, who if I remember correctly, reminded me that they were the Iveys before they became Badfinger.

Comment

Working...
                                X