Calling All Optiboard Photographers! Spring/Summer 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Optiboard Photographers! Spring/Summer 2004

The photography thread seems to be losing it oomph. So I decided to start a spring/summer thread. I will start it off with this picture from my b-day weekend to VA. Beach. This is the new and old Cape Henry lights located on the Fort Story base. I took it from the beach at Fort Story.

The new light is the black and white one in case you wondered. Here is a link to more information about the lights: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/larryl.../capehenry.htm
    Attached Files
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

I Just Finished These Today

A customer came in last week with her old Gemini (i think) 3 pc mount with a new Rx and wanted to re use the frame Here's how they ended up.
    Attached Files

Comment

More.........

Attached Files

Comment

One of my favorite canoeing spots

And the fishing ain't bad either. Taken (late April) from the NW corner of the hiking trail around the lake. Mt. Hood in the background.
        Attached Files
        J. R. Smith

Comment

JRS,

That took my breath away! <-- Dreaming of being there.
          ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Come visit anytime. Be happy to show you the sites of the NW.
            J. R. Smith

Comment

I hope I can figure out how to upload some pics...don't guess I can, when you go to "images" icon, it just asked for an http address, so how do you upload a pic from your pc?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Ranger
                I hope I can figure out how to upload some pics...don't guess I can, when you go to "images" icon, it just asked for an http address, so how do you upload a pic from your pc?
                Click on either the 'Quote' or 'Post Reply' button, then click on 'Manage Attachments'. You can then browse your PC for the pic to upload.

OptiBoard Administrator
                ----
                OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

I think it would work if my jpg files weren't too big, but this will only upload 107kb...but thanks for the help...

Comment

Yeah there has to be some limits on the file size, otherwise I could run out of disk space very fast.

OptiBoard Administrator
                    ----
                    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

Texas, just make a copy of the original picture and reduce it's size to the limit established. That keeps your original intact, and still gets your picture posted.
                      J. R. Smith

Comment

Originally posted by JRS
                        Come visit anytime. Be happy to show you the sites of the NW.
                        JRS,
                        In my mind I am already there. I took a role of B&W film at the beach for my b-day weekend and I am so thrilled. Of the roll, I have 8 fantastic shots. I may never use color film again! Except for sites like JRS' that deserves color!

I get my disc back today and will post some of them.
                        ~Cindy

Comment

Cindy,

B&W photography is stunning work.

My first darkroom was B&W only. I ended up going to color for other works - portraits, sunsets/sunrises, macro-photography, etc., but B&W was always my favorite. I spent many hours working with various film types and paper creating all sorts of effects. Dodging/burning, blending... endless hours (just ask my wife!).

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to "mess around" with it like I use to. So now special shots are rather rarer. And usually only occur on my vacation time. And digital cameras make a darkroom less important, but I still prefer the old methods (anyone can digitize).

I'm not even sure they still make the variation of B&W film types like I used. But regardless, enjoy the B&W shooting. I know you'll have fun.

Perhaps I'll dig around my old photo's and post a few more (in B&W) from earlier days.
                          J. R. Smith

Comment

Oh, BTW -

Cindy,

I forgot to mention filters.

If you are serious about the B&W shooting, then you should get a few filters. I'm assuming you have a 35mm w/ exchangeable lenses - so pardon me if I'm wrong.

Get GREEN, RED, & YELLOW filters (screw on the front of your lens). Also a polorizing one, if you don't have one already. In B&W you can seriously alter the 'mood' of a photo using filters.

I have 4 35mm cameras, 1 2x4 (twin-lens reflex), and a Crown Graphic (shoots a 4" x 5" negative). Along with a dozen or so lenses, I have a huge investment in filters. I also have a Cokin filter system which allows for some rather unique combinations.

(I get a bit carried away with hobbies sometimes...)
                            J. R. Smith

Comment

JRS,

I have a 35mm, but except for somewhat of a zoom pretty much point and shoot. I am working on learning framing and subject matter before I make the investment. My friend, Brenda, is teaching me angles and such. Little by little I am getting there.

Here are the promised B&W's.
                              Attached Files
                              ~Cindy

Comment

Working...
                              X