View Poll Results: I will read Living History?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 13.51%
  • No

32 86.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry Hillary Clinton

I am just curious how many Optiboarders plan to read HRC's new book Living History ?
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    She was witness to a lot of history, be interesting to see some of this from her perspective (not the Monica stuff, I already know about sex) especially the health care issues.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not really interested in what she has to say in the book. I hear her voice enough on the radio.

Bob V.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs down

I would not be interested in anything she had to say!

:(

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Thumbs up

jediron said:
    I would not be interested in anything she had to say!

:(
    Shame she's not standing for president then....

Bout time u lot had a woman in charge....:bbg:

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Angry

What really frosts me is she signed the book deal before taking office to avoid Congressional rules but she is now using time that she should be devoting to her duties to both the people of NY and the rest of us in general to promote her book. Just more of the same. The Clinton's skating aroung the rules for their personal benefit. How pathetic!
    Lee Prewitt, ABOM
    Independent Sales Representative
    AIT Industries
    224 W. James St.
    Bensenville, IL 60106
    Cell : (425) 241-1689
    Phone: (800) 729-1959, Ext 137
    Direct: (630) 274-6136
    Fax: (630) 595-1006
    www.aitindustries.com
    leep@aitindustries.com

More Than A Patternless Edger Company

Occupation
    Don't really like her and wouldn't trust anything she had to say anyway.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm with Steve and Lee on this one.

Don't trust Hillary, never did. Forget Martha Stewart, Hillary should have been put through the wringer years ago.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    The book will probably spell out much like Clinton's term in office,
    BORING.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    It takes a Village Idiot to write a book about the Clinton presidency. ;)

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Occupation
    Do not underestimate this woman. She may be many things, but idiot is not one of them, she is extremely intelligent. Big mistake not to take her seriously, ask the NY Republican leaders.

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Steve Machol said:
    It takes a Village Idiot to write a book about the Clinton presidency. ;)

Good one, Steve!:D
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    With all that's been on the news, etc lately, would there even be any suprieses left in the book?:D

Suzy

Bad address email on file Mikol's Avatar

Clinton

I just hope that there is no sequal:finger:

lol
    mikol
    :cheers:

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Question not my ideal reading

:hammer: I see that the book managed to remove harry potter from the top of the best seller list so i guess some people want to read it:drop:
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    According to Hillary, Billy is supposed to come out with his book in the not too distant future.

Oh geez, I can't wait.

Bob V.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Clinton vs Potter......

I would have to assume they are both works of fiction.....We do NOT need another revisionist view of the past 10 years. When asked by Barbara Walters what she thought the most important event was for America since the Clinton presidency, she said the failing economy! Can you believe how the families of the 9/11 victims must have felt hearing that comment? She may be the most intelligent ( as chem 2023 indicates ) but she sure comes across as a DOLT! That in, of, and by itself, ain't too bright! Like her or not, she is a hack.

hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Crier I'm...I'm so proud of most of you

After seeing the poll results and the posts responses I have to say how proud I am. :D

Seriously though I will not say that Hillary is an idiot, BUT I do not like nor trust anything Clinton. The reason I say she is not an idiot is because she and others very effectively ochestrated the Clinton Presidency in a manner that boggled the minds of many. You have to know how to play the game very well to get as far as they did with as many skeletons as they had in their closet as well as those they built along the way.

If Hillary is an idiot I would have to deem her an "idiot savant" and only exceptional at one thing :D She and Bill are career politicians that learned politics and do it well, granted if they had to make it on their own I believe they would be completely lost and totally incompetent.

I'm not by any means supporting Hill or Bill as I wish the world had never heard of them but give credit where credit is due. They made a silk purse out of a sows butt :) I do hope they disappear from the scene ASAP and I believe they will due to the stigma they place on the Democrats, Terry McCauliff will have to go too as will Tom Daschle and a few others to get rid of the roadblock that faces the Democrat party for a spirited Presidential run.

Take care folks and keep despising Hillary and make me proud! :)

Darris C.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I will read this book.Just like I have read many other accounts of WhiteHouse administrations and the climb to get there. I have visited the White House several times and have the series of books that they sell.

Truly amazing that every one is to judge Bill on his sexual past and not look at what was positive. Like wise with Hillary. I think it is unforgivable though to place every one on a pedastal. Look at the accounts of Thomas Jefferson, Herbert Hoover, FDR, Eisenhauer and yips! John Kennedy and LBJ with sexual escapades just to name a few. Now add Nixon and his deception. What is the big deal?The fact is the press was not as hounding and relentless asthey are today and where were the gossip mags! And what about George and Laura..he is a recovering alcoholic. Check out the 12 Step Program. It is a disease. Laura killed a fellow in an auto accident in her teens.

All of theses people have served the country for better and for worse.

Politics has many bedfellowes no matter what occupation they are from.

My two cents.

Occupation
    Well obviously Hillary is not an idiot. I just couldn't resist the pun. ;)

And I agree with Bev that there was a lot of positive outcomes from the Clinton Administration, most notably the first budget deficit in decades (which even the anti-Big Government Republicans couldn't accomplish and probably never will by the look of it) and the lowest unemployment rate in almost as long a time.

However there is something personal in my dislike of the Clintons. It's hard to put a finger on it, but essentially I believe that in spite of their rhetoric, when all was said and done they had no one else's interest at heart but their own. In the end, I question their hearts - not their minds.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    However there is something personal in my dislike of the Clintons. It's hard to put a finger on it, but essentially I believe that in spite of their rhetoric, when all was said and done they had no one else's interest at heart but their own. In the end, I question their hearts - not their minds.
    Whitewater would be a starter.

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hello to all.

First to Bev,

"Truly amazing that every one is to judge Bill on his sexual past and not look at what was positive. Like wise with Hillary."

Okay, I've said this on so many occasions in the past that it isn't funny anymore but with reservation I'll say it once again. The whole situation with Bill had nothing to do with sex. I'll say this from a chauvenistic stand point just to make the point. If Bill could diddle on the side and not get caught or his wife didn't care that he did then more power to him. The problem had nothing to do with the Lewinsky "sex scandal" it had to do with the reason for the whole thing coming to light and the final outcome from a legal standpoint. Sexual harassment suit (more than one count and the last time I checked it was ILLEGAL), Lying on the stand (classified as perjury and is also ILLEGAL) Obstruction of justice (by many including Hillary with lost records and files which is also ILLEGAL) Sex never entered into it for me, breaking the law did.

"Laura killed a fellow in an auto accident in her teens."

I've read a story on this. It's amazing how you've phrased this too. The complete details of the story are unclear but the story I read said that " On Nov. 6, 1963, then-17 year-old Laura Welch was driving with a friend on a Midland, Texas highway. In a cruel twist of fate, her high school boyfriend Michael Douglas, a popular football star, had just entered one of the town's most dangerous intersections driving another vehichle, when Laura's car slammed into it."

An auto accident maybe??? Unfortunately sometimes bad things happen to good people. I went to school with a guy that was driving to summer camp with two others, lost control of his truck and overturned killing him and everyone in the vehicle with him. So did he kill the two guys in the truck with him and then commit suicide or was it an accident? Likewise with George and his "alcoholism." Have a look:

http://alcoholism.about.com/library/.../aa001106a.htm

It is admirable that you like to read and keep up with things (I've only been outside of the White House myself but I have been to the Smithsonian Institute and was very impressed) but your depictions from said information are a bit skewed. To each his/her own I guess.

Steve,

"Well obviously Hillary is not an idiot. I just couldn't resist the pun."

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the pun immensley. Keep up the good work.

"...and the lowest unemployment rate in almost as long a time."

I'm sure you know this but for the masses; Government has nothing to do with unemployment other than taking more of our money to pay for the unemployed (welfare) and to put out the statistics on unemployment. Government has done nothing for my business except tax me for the sweat of my labor and when I employ people they tax them for their labor. But they don't create businesses and employ people in the private sector which is where the tax dollars come from. As to the budget deficit, well sit down with an accountant and ask him to figure out a hypothetical budget showing a deficit. He could probably put one together that looked really nice, but if you have no fiscal responsibility the "deficit" is meaningless, but it looks really good on paper.

I may actually end up reading Hillary's book one of these days when I need a good laugh. I would also like to read It Takes A Village just to see how flawed the ideology is. I subscribe to the idea that It Takes The Parents

Oh well. Take care,

Darris C.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Darris Chambless said:
    I'm sure you know this but for the masses; Government has nothing to do with unemployment other than taking more of our money to pay for the unemployed (welfare) and to put out the statistics on unemployment. Government has done nothing for my business except tax me for the sweat of my labor and when I employ people they tax them for their labor. But they don't create businesses and employ people in the private sector which is where the tax dollars come from. As to the budget deficit, well sit down with an accountant and ask him to figure out a hypothetical budget showing a deficit. He could probably put one together that looked really nice, but if you have no fiscal responsibility the "deficit" is meaningless, but it looks really good on paper.

I would agree in the simplest rudimentary your statement may be true. But if governement lowers the interest charged on money
    then that lowering of interest spurs a number of industries to borrow and upgrade there business and hopefully to hire more people. One of the biggest advantages to the lower rates is mortgages. Where there has been a run on housing which has spurred the housing industry to record highs. So in this respect
    I would have to disagree with you assumption that government does not help because in the case it has.

:bbg:

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I will read this book. Just like I have read many other accounts of WhiteHouse administrations and the climb to get there. I have visited the White House several times and have the series of books that they sell.
    I also enjoy reading historical perspectives on the various administrations of our country. In fact, of the ones I've read, I have to say Eisenhower was the last President who strikes me as a truly "Great Man."

Even though I strive to be open-minded and balanced (to varying success), I have to admit that I will not read this book. I've had 8+ years to watch the Clintons sell history from their perspective. I believe I have a pretty good read on their take.

You've put your thumb squarely on the button there, my friend! I can "agree to disagree" with almost anyone on points of policy, but the Clintons bring out a certain level of acrimony in me that is not completely explained by the horror I feel regarding some of their political notions (especially regarding healthcare). The Clintons have an absence of soul, a lack of respect for their country, and a view of the universe in which each of them is at the center. Forget all the breeches of conduct- all sin and fall short. What really peeves me is how they attempted (and succeeded with to some degree) to justify their misdeeds.

Basically, the Clintons tried to convince Americans that we are ALL simply out for our own good- that we ALL sacrifice morality, ethics, and any regard for justice to get what we desire. According to Bill and Hillary, no one can wrong them for anything, because everyone is as equally evil as they are. In fact, there is no evil- because all actions are relevant to whatever is in one's own best interest.

I don't mean to be simple-minded here. For the most part, Administrations are usually about image more than substance. Was Ronald Reagan a great man? In truth, he was probably not among the most extraordinary. However, his Presidency projected an image of America that instilled a sense of pride, decency, and accomplishment. Yes, his administration had its share of misdeeds- but it had a message. America is strong, America can be stronger, America is a good place to be.

The Clintons had a message too. America is a place where everything is secondary to success. America is a place where lying is justified if the consequence of truth negatively impacts personal interests. America is a place where justice takes a backseat to the system- and the ideal American is the one who best knows how to play the system.

In short, the Clintons are souless, hopeless, self-involved, inconsequential human beings. Their interest in humanity is limited to the image they view in the mirror each morning. Their fellow citizens are simply means to an end- an instrument to be played.

Well, that's my soapbox. Perhaps there are those of us who admire the Clintons for their obvious intellectual capacity, their views, or simply because of their personalities. I am obviously not among this group, and have no interest in hearing anything further from either Clinton. The sooner they retire from public life and stop using our governent as their personal sandbox, the better (IMHO).

PS- There is one exception to my desire to be rid of Hillary. I would absolutely LOVE to see her run for President in the upcoming election. In my opinion, a VERY large portion of the country has the same inexplicable angst we have been discussing towards this woman, and she would be soundly and roundly defeated- which would most likely hasten her retirement from public service.

PPS- If you haven't guessed, I voted "NO" I won't be reading this book. ;)

Occupation
    I don't admire the Clintons personally but think they are very savvy politically and would be willing to bet this is far from the last we will be hearing from them.

Here is something I have never understood: people who admire RReagen so much, and yet here is a man (and an admin.) who clearly lied to the American public about Iran-Contra (and BOY! have those chickens come home to roost); the same people loathe B Clinton because of his lying about his sex life. While this sex in the oval office thing is pretty nauseating, my feeling is my right to judge someone else's sexual conduct does not extend to consensual adult sex. In other words, should I as a citizen not be more outraged by lies about foreign policy and funding extremists than I am about lies from someone cheating on his wife?

Apparently not...

Thread Information