Thread: Third Party Plans

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Third Party Plans

I want to share my ideas for eradicating third party plans. Dr. Frank

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I remember when I worked for a grocery store as a kid and someone shared their idea about eradicating checkers for self checkout machines.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Lab View Post
    I remember when I worked for a grocery store as a kid and someone shared their idea about eradicating checkers for self checkout machines.
    All things run their course and make way for the next wave. Ever hear of online refractions? Stay ahead of the curve. For the present, third party plans gotta go......................and they will.................."if I have to do it myself!" said the little red optometrist. Peace. Alan Frank,OD

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If enough providers quit supporting the crappy 3rd party business model, the whole system could evolve into something better. Be the change you wish to see.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

to java99

Quote Originally Posted by Java99 View Post
    If enough providers quit supporting the crappy 3rd party business model, the whole system could evolve into something better. Be the change you wish to see.
    It would be nice but it'll never happen. there's another way. it would be easier for me to explain on phone. dr. frank 570-371-1324. It has to do with going directly to major insurers and bypassing the third party knuckleheads. call me.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm ok. I am a provider who does not play with 3rd party plans. It works for me.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Java99 View Post
    I'm ok. I am a provider who does not play with 3rd party plans. It works for me.
    Youre very lucky. but most have to take it and feel an obligation to their patients who do have it. I'm sorry to tell you that its a poor reflection on you if one of your patients now has a third party plan and you deny them your services. It's one of the many reasons that these plans are bad. they put you in a bad position and force you to deny services you essentially want to provide for these people. and there is a better way and its a very simple solution. You'll find it very interesting to talk to me about this. its a concept thats starting to get hold. I have no financial gain. 570-371-1324.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by afrank View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you that its a poor reflection on you if one of your patients now has a third party plan and you deny them your services.
    How about you take it easy there chief. I am also a provider who takes no 3rd party plans, and am also successful. You want to tell me it's a poor reflection on me? I don't deny anyone services, I expect fair compensation for those services between myself and anyone who wishes to pay me. I am denying the opportunity to have someone else tell me what they think my time and expertise are worth.

and there is a better way and its a very simple solution. You'll find it very interesting to talk to me about this. its a concept thats starting to get hold. I have no financial gain.
    I am already on the road with a very simple solution. Charge fair prices, provide high quality products and services, get paid for it.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwill212 View Post
    How about you take it easy there chief. I am also a provider who takes no 3rd party plans, and am also successful. You want to tell me it's a poor reflection on me? I don't deny anyone services, I expect fair compensation for those services between myself and anyone who wishes to pay me. I am denying the opportunity to have someone else tell me what they think my time and expertise are worth.

I am already on the road with a very simple solution. Charge fair prices, provide high quality products and services, get paid for it.
    Those days are long gone. But if you can pull it off congrats. What are you gonna when your self payers get insured.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    You should prepare yourself for the day when single payer comes. And it will come. Imagine if the gov chooses Davis to be the administrator. That need to be eradicated now and it can and will be done.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Those days are long gone. But if you can pull it off congrats. What are you gonna when your self payers get insured.
    Clearly those days aren't long gone. As there are more than a few of us left doing it this way, and doing it successfully. Most of the self payers that come to see me already have vision plans. They chose to forgo the poor "benefits" their employer has provided them or submit for out of network reimbursement, because they know I can provide superior products and services.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Clearly those days aren't long gone. As there are more than a few of us left doing it this way, and doing it successfully. Most of the self payers that come to see me already have vision plans. They chose to forgo the poor "benefits" their employer has provided them or submit for out of network reimbursement, because they know I can provide superior products and services.
    I'm in northeast pa and no one here has that luxury. You're very fortunate.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm in northeast pa and no one here has that luxury. You're very fortunate.
    It's not a luxury, it's not luck, it's not innate natural talent, it's not being more fortunate. It is just plain hard work.

If there are truly zero places that don't take 3rd party in your area, which I find hard to believe, that would make it even easier to dump them all. Be the only practice around that is doing it better, and the people will come. This doesn't mean you have to charge high prices or sell high end frames. Just do the things the places gobbling up vcp payments won't do or don't have time to do.

Also does your practice take a bunch of 3rd party plans, but you want to lecture us about how we should be bypassing 3rd party plans?
    Last edited by Kwill212; 04-05-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Doxing?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    Doxing?
    I mean he posted his name phone number and location, I don't think a link to his website is really doxxing at that point.

But link removed.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    It's not a luxury, it's not luck, it's not innate natural talent, it's not being more fortunate. It is just plain hard work.

If there are truly zero places that don't take 3rd party in your area, which I find hard to believe, that would make it even easier to dump them all. Be the only practice around that is doing it better, and the people will come. This doesn't mean you have to charge high prices or sell high end frames. Just do the things the places gobbling up vcp payments won't do or don't have time to do.

Also is this your practice that takes every 3rd party plan under the sun, but you want to lecture us about how we should be bypassing 3rd party plans?
    You're very naive. Good luck to you. AF

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You're very naive. Good luck to you. AF
    Thanks for the well wishes!

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You should prepare yourself for the day when single payer comes. And it will come. Imagine if the gov chooses Davis to be the administrator. That need to be eradicated now and it can and will be done.
    I believe single payer will be the game changer and is why Big Insurance is so against it and why we should be for it.

Now I'm on thin ice as this is political so I'll stop now and ask drk to please choose any reply carefully;)
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-05-2018 at 01:25 PM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We will all be saved by the avalanche from ESSILUX mountain! There's no way they would let single payer vision benefits stoop to DAVIS levels!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't know about y'all, but I sure am looking forward to calling a doctor from the internet so I can find out how naive I am.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Obviously he's selling something. If not, why not share this fabulous idea with all of us. At no charge?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter ak47's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    did anyone call?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I didn't call. Too busy making glasses for people who aren't using 3rd party plans.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    FYI, when OptiBoard sent a Happy Birthday email to afrank, he replied with:

Thanks. But I have to be honest, I've found optiboard to be pretty worthless.

...............and narrow minded.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Thread Information