Thread: website developer needed

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

website developer needed

Anybody have recommendation for a professional website developer? Thinking about opening up an e-shop. I know my fellow board member doesn't like e-shop. But I am sick of non-eyecare industry people opening up e-shop to sell eyewear and make on the money and get all the hype (Warby Parker). I really want to kick their aXXes with my own shop.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Call Kathleen Sebelius.
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    CalCal, I know someone that may be able to help. He used to work with me at vBulletin Customer Support and is very good. Let me know and I'll pass your email address to him.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by CalCal View Post
    Anybody have recommendation for a professional website developer? Thinking about opening up an e-shop. I know my fellow board member doesn't like e-shop. But I am sick of non-eyecare industry people opening up e-shop to sell eyewear and make on the money and get all the hype (Warby Parker). I really want to kick their aXXes with my own shop.
    Save your dough want to kick their butts work on development of the eyeglass vending machine.

A website makes you an online copycat, a vending machine makes you an innovator.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    i actually thought about eyeglass (sunglasses) vending machine a year or two ago. just don't know where to find a manufacturer to custom made a machine.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A screw type Frito bag dispenser could spit out sunglasses, only problem would be try-ons, which could be accomplished by computer/photo imagery on the machine front. Same as the onliners do.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    i actually thought about eyeglass (sunglasses) vending machine a year or two ago. just don't know where to find a manufacturer to custom made a machine.
    Luxottica beat you to it. Eye Candy vending machine at the Times Square Sunglass Hut.

http://www.luxottica.com/en/sunglass...e-times-square

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    This company works primarily for Optical companies, dispensers and ODs, and has done many corporate and private practice sights. http://www.dbadesigns.com/

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    I sincerely wish you good luck with this endeavor. If you have the marketing plan, frame inventory, and lab arrangements lined up plus plenty of cash, you can make it happen.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

check out Japan, apparently there's a vending machine for most anything there.
    ~Follow Your Bliss~

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Remember Jeepers Peepers.....almost the same thing. Pre-cut lenses for various frames. They had one in Sarasota..lasted about two months.
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Rising Star OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Prepare to spend a fortune. LOL.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Blue Jumper You can also do it yourself .............................................

Start reading on the main pages of the hundreds of big search engines, how to follow the ideas to make a successful website. It is not a matter of how well it is designed or how beautiful it looks. Dearch engines can not read and understand pictures. It is very simply the content and how well it is presented according to the rules, and you can get it all for free.

Then get a do it yourself program, follow the guidelines and you can reach a good ranking in a very short time at nearly no cost. But you will have to give up some of your free time to do it.

I went back to do some more learning a year ago, made some changes and raised the monthly average of visitors to my website from 13,000 to a steady minimum of 23,000 in a period of 3 month and still going up.

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    I hear you but Warby Parker actually employs a lot of people from the optical industry. The founders just saw a margin opportunity and then hired the industry professionals to make it work and shorten the learning curve. The same thing is happening with the $1 shave club. Mail delivered $1 razors. Find a margin opportunity and capitalize! I think diapers is the next thing. Over priced and cheap to make. Mostly bought at stores or online but at brick and mortar prices. $1 diaper club here we go.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hi,

I own two online sunglasses shops in the USA and I have extensive experience in online business and online sales. It's not easy and requires a lot of time/attention. I also have a far reaching plan to start a new eyewear brand similar to "Warby Parker" model in the future and I have at least 50 contacts from eyewear manufacturers from UK, Europe, and China.

I am looking to partner with a retail shop owner who would like to make additional profit and expand into online retail market. Please email me at varen2@gmail.com to discuss this further or if you would like an advice on how to proceed with your plan to open an online shop....

Kate
    Last edited by varen; 01-24-2014 at 12:15 PM.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwmack View Post
    I hear you but Warby Parker actually employs a lot of people from the optical industry. The founders just saw a margin opportunity and then hired the industry professionals to make it work and shorten the learning curve. The same thing is happening with the $1 shave club. Mail delivered $1 razors. Find a margin opportunity and capitalize! I think diapers is the next thing. Over priced and cheap to make. Mostly bought at stores or online but at brick and mortar prices. $1 diaper club here we go.
    Warby Parker guys raised $100 million in venture capital (My close friend from Venture Capital fund showed me their business plan...). That's how they got so big in such a short time. They make $40 profit per each pair of glasses.... They will be selling their business to Luxottica or Safilo at some point to get back the money they've invested into business.

Thread Information