Thread: NVI retaining WalMart opticals

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

NVI retaining WalMart opticals

I heard today from a NVI employee that WalMart had decided not to take over the optical portion of their stores. He said that NVI has come up with a new 8 year contact that will give control of ALL WalMart opticals back to them.
    Has anyone heard about this yet???

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If so most of their employees aren't aware yet. Just talked to an Nvi employee, & they know nothing about taking back all they opticals.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I haven't heard anything, but don't really follow what they are doing.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    That's funny, I keep hearing the opposite.

See the following thread:
    http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...ision-Wal-Mart
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    We have both in our town.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have confirmation from a national vision source...they announced at a manager's meeting last week that Walmart has decided to keep their relationship with National Vision :) and extended the leases. Congrats to all the folks who may have lost their job!!!!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by sregis0628 View Post
    I have confirmation from a national vision source...they announced at a manager's meeting last week that Walmart has decided to keep their relationship with National Vision :) and extended the leases. Congrats to all the folks who may have lost their job!!!!
    Why would extending a lease cause someone to lose employment? For that matter, why do you seem to enjoy that idea so much?

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

In response

Well Wes, if you must KNOW WHY I INCLUDE SMILEY FACES IN MY POST ABOUT PEOPLE NOT LOSING THEIR JOB....here's your response....I have LOTS of FRIENDS who work for National Vision that was VERY concerned about their jobs being in jeopardy because Walmart would not have taken on ALL of NVI's staff, nor are they as great of a company to work for as national vision. That is why I seemed to enjoy the idea so much....THANKS and have a great day :):):):):):)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Why would extending a lease cause someone to lose employment? For that matter, why do you seem to enjoy that idea so much?

Occupation
    You left "NOT" out of your final sentence. Turns out, that word was pretty important to the meaning of the sentence...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well Wes, if you must KNOW WHY I INCLUDE SMILEY FACES IN MY POST ABOUT PEOPLE NOT LOSING THEIR JOB....here's your response....I have LOTS of FRIENDS who work for National Vision that was VERY concerned about their jobs being in jeopardy because Walmart would not have taken on ALL of NVI's staff, nor are they as great of a company to work for as national vision. That is why I seemed to enjoy the idea so much....THANKS and have a great day :):):):):):)

Come on Wes is that the best you can do? Really!

Occupation
    Let's see, the poster says the following:

Congrats to all the folks who may have lost their job!!!!
    That didn't make a lot of sense to me, so I asked why the poster was congratulating people on losing their jobs.
    I received a screaming capslock for my trouble, where the poster still apparently doesn't realize what he/she posted.

And then you post this, as if you can't read either. I know you have a bone to pick with me, but you'll have to do better than this. You now (and once again) look as foolish as the capslock screamer that started the mess by not paying attention to what he/she wrote, because you didn't pay attention either. You should really try to pick on someone on your intellectual level and leave the big boys alone. We don't have time for your drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    Come on Wes is that the best you can do? Really!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is the fourth largest optical............................

National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is the fourth largest optical retailer in the United States, operating over 600 retail locations in 44 states through the U.S. National Vision employs over 5,000 employees and our retail divisions include America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Wal-Marts, Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer and Optical Centers on select military bases. National Vision has plans to open over 40 America's Best and Military locations annually.

National Vision's lab network consists of three domestic locations (Pennsauken, New Jersey; St. Cloud, Minnesota; Lawrenceville, Georgia) and two international locations in China and Mexico. Our lab network has been identified as one of the most efficient and effective in the industry. With over 600 lab employees, we focus on our goals of high efficiency, low cost, high quality and fast turnaround time. We have the capability to route our eyeglass jobs to the best labs both in the U.S. and internationally.

WalMart has 3800 retail locations............I am wondering if they have all of them or just as they say in above statement "inside select Wal-Marts" ? Above the state that they 600 locations............which would mean only a portion at WalMart

On the other side I heard that WalMart operates 5 labs total one of which is across the border in Mexico.

http://www.nationalvision.com/retail-divisions/

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    NVI only has a select group of the Wal mart vision centers. If you look at the signs in front of the optical, you can usually tell the difference. The ones leased by Nvi say, "vision center inside Walmart"

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

smart smart master optician

No...it's not that it didn't make alot of sense to you....it's that you jumped at the opportunity to put your two cents in without fully understanding what the SCREAMING CAPSLOCK LADY was saying.....hat's off to you!

Let's see, the poster says the following:

That didn't make a lot of sense to me, so I asked why the poster was congratulating people on losing their jobs.
    I received a screaming capslock for my trouble, where the poster still apparently doesn't realize what he/she posted.

And then you post this, as if you can't read either. I know you have a bone to pick with me, but you'll have to do better than this. You now (and once again) look as foolish as the capslock screamer that started the mess by not paying attention to what he/she wrote, because you didn't pay attention either. You should really try to pick on someone on your intellectual level and leave the big boys alone. We don't have time for your drivel.

Occupation
    No...it's not that it didn't make alot of sense to you....it's that you jumped at the opportunity to put your two cents in without fully understanding what the SCREAMING CAPSLOCK LADY was saying.....hat's off to you!
    What's that? Pay attention to what I "MEANT TO SAY"?!?!

Rising Star OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You left "NOT" out of your final sentence. Turns out, that word was pretty important to the meaning of the sentence...
    I think (and only thinking here) that "Congrats to all the folks who may have lost their job!!!!" (but didn't) Was the intended message. Don't know & don't really care. Happy Trails Folks
    Last edited by tonyg; 08-17-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Thread Information