Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm a failure

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    Oh boy. I helped a friend do what she was hell bent on doing by reluctantly making sure it was done with all the i's dotted. She was going to do it anyway and I was there. Fine, I'll turn in my badge.

Sorry I even mentioned it, sorry I did it. Now i'm being harrassed on my PM board by anonymous people.

Lets get one thing straight there was no harassment intended or even mentioned. You want to support the on line boys to make sure your hair do is prim and proper so be it. But to go out of your way to do it I think was beyond the call of duty. Will you get paid for your assessment of this on line product and will you get paid to adjust and take care of the problems that arise from everyday use of eye wear then it was ok. But to go and do what you did for a hair do, it's your conscience not mine! :hammer:

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by kaypaula View Post
    SNARKY COMMENT ALERT!!!!

Well, thanks Captain Obvious ;)
    Obvious, but (I hope you'll agree) profound. "Quality" can be elusive.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter varmint's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eye2 View Post
    Lets get one thing straight there was no harassment intended or even mentioned. You want to support the on line boys to make sure your hair do is prim and proper so be it. But to go out of your way to do it I think was beyond the call of duty. Will you get paid for your assessment of this on line product and will you get paid to adjust and take care of the problems that arise from everyday use of eye wear then it was ok. But to go and do what you did for a hair do, it's your conscience not mine! :hammer:
    I believe coco said the harassment was by anonymous Pm's, and I don't care what anyone's opinion is, no one should send any Pm to debate someone's choices let along to be such a coward as to send anonymous Pm's.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by varmint View Post
    I believe coco said the harassment was by anonymous Pm's, and I don't care what anyone's opinion is, no one should send any Pm to debate someone's choices let along to be such a coward as to send anonymous Pm's.

Really cowards! You believe what you want, but to support some one who is buying off line is let's say a lapse of judgement. Maybe her hair coloring was getting a little hot and he or she felt that it would be in there best interest to help. For me I would not. But if I were getting paid for measuring, adjusting and finalizing the rx I have no problem. :p

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Anyone who calls themselves Varmint Really shouldn't be throwing stones!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    Really cowards! You believe what you want, but to support some one who is buying off line is let's say a lapse of judgement. Maybe her hair coloring was getting a little hot and he or she felt that it would be in there best interest to help. For me I would not. But if I were getting paid for measuring, adjusting and finalizing the rx I have no problem. :p
    You people are something else, maybe you should try to understand some of what you were reading before you post a reply.

I'll explain since you obviously don't get it.....my post was in reply to whoever thought it appropriate to harass someone by Pm....I'm pretty sure my post wasn't in defense of anyone supporting on-line eyewear, even though you think it's ok as long as you get a couple bucks out of it. Talk about hypocritical.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You people are something else, maybe you should try to understand some of what you were reading before you post a reply.

I'll explain since you obviously don't get it.....my post was in reply to whoever thought it appropriate to harass someone by Pm....I'm pretty sure my post wasn't in defense of anyone supporting on-line eyewear, even though you think it's ok as long as you get a couple bucks out of it. Talk about hypocritical.

Plezzzzzzzzzzzz! Get grip! You really should take it easy! And yes a couple of bucks I would except. Do you give glasses away? The next time that hair stylist has people in her or his office she or he will spread the word like wild fire how they were helped to get a pair of glasses on line from a very good patron of hers a very nice optician who helped with measurements and all. Then on a slow day you can think how many are going to that site from the advise of my stylist and that very nice optician. :hammer:

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by edKENdance View Post
    Is this a surprise really? Damned Kids!
    No kidding.

Although it hit rather close to home on this occasion, there's no doubt that most folks under age 35 (40's for me) believe that they are smarter than their parents.

And I'm not just picking on our youth- there are plenty of older folks who repeatedly buy cheap products and think they're saving money, when a better quality and more expensive product would've lasted longer, performed better, and/or would have been more cost and time effective.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Plezzzzzzzzzzzz! Get grip! You really should take it easy! And yes a couple of bucks I would except. Do you give glasses away? The next time that hair stylist has people in her or his office she or he will spread the word like wild fire how they were helped to get a pair of glasses on line from a very good patron of hers a very nice optician who helped with measurements and all. Then on a slow day you can think how many are going to that site from the advise of my stylist and that very nice optician. :hammer:
    again you're missing the point of my post completely, I don't have any more input on this subject.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    again you're missing the point of my post completely, I don't have any more input on this subject.

I got your point it was simple you just didn't get mine! I think you should be paid for your education,experience and on the job training instead of giving it away. I believe he or she gave it away. End of story! :hammer:

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This place has become really elitist and harassing. It's to the point that maybe nobody should post anything at all for fear of getting yelled at.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I got your point it was simple you just didn't get mine! I think you should be paid for your education,experience and on the job training instead of giving it away. I believe he or she gave it away. End of story! :hammer:
    Please look back again at what I was saying, I never disagreed or agreed either way with your point concerning the helping of the online order.
    I really don't care what the subject was, my only point is no one has the right to send harassing Pm's to anyone on the forum, period.
    you seem intent on arguing with me concerning the subject of helping someone place an online order, I will not argue that with you but you called me out with your opinion on this even though my post was not in reference to that.
    I do not wish to argue about this I just believe it was unfair if someone sent the poster a nasty Pm. I'd be more than happy to discuss this (or anything else) with you personally if you like by exchanging phone #'s by Pm. I'm really very easy to get along with.
    Jim

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper No big deal .................

I'm really very easy to get along with.
    Jim
    If you are that easy to get along............do the following, forget all about this thread and look the other way. It will be dead in a few days. No big deal, a simple barter job, you give me and I give you and no money involved.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

You are not a failure...........

You are not a failure, LadyDie...your experience is merely a reflection of the current state of our industry, where the influence and control of product has been shifted out of the hands of the ECP to the corporate sector.

It is rare for an ECP to have access to all product. Many will go to work today, and find they are unable to care for some people because their choice of product is limited by their employers. They, and their family members are stuck wearing only what their employer provides in frames, lenses, and contact lens brands. Those that want anything different, and some do, will have to source it in whatever way they can. Some are, oblivious to the actual cost of providing the product, or that the product even exists. Some product will be inaccessable because of exclusivity contracts/labeling, and specification differences dictated by retail, or organizational chains. This current arrangement, is bewildering and frustrating, not only for the consumer, but for most levels of ECPs.

Your daughter's action is understandable.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    FYI, it is not possible to send an 'anonymous' PM on OptiBoard. If someone gets a PM the username is listed. If you are harassed, then you can report the PM.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Geirskogul View Post
    This place has become really elitist and harassing. It's to the point that maybe nobody should post anything at all for fear of getting yelled at.
    "has become"

Uh....it's been this way for years here! :) ...and not a hope of change in sight! ;)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Meh, it's how you react. I think some Optiboarders forget that we aren't in our own little Optician bubble here; that people all over the world can see the snark-fest. I stick around for the valuable info and usually leave the fussing and fighting to the people who aren't able to disagree without absolutely freaking out. It takes all kinds......
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Bad address email on file OptiChick21's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoisland58 View Post
    Sorry I even mentioned it, sorry I did it. Now i'm being harrassed on my PM board by anonymous people.
    Oh lord, I guess some opticians have nothing better to do than harrass you about something so stupid...

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist

report on those specs

LadyDi--

Have you inspected those specs yet? Would love to know what you thought of them and if you think they really are high index.

Harry

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Go away for a few days, and lookee what I miss. Can't ever leave the kids unsupervised.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiChick21 View Post
    Oh lord, I guess some opticians have nothing better to do than harrass you about something so stupid...

Ok put it like this. Take all of your next days patients and inform them your going to just take there measurements and you want them to order on line. How long do you think you will stay in business? Thats my point we should not be supporting people who order on line. You want to support your hair stylist fine. But don't come here and start crying because your business went down because all of your so- called friends took the advise of there hair stylist and started getting there specs on line. I got a headache. I can't believe you don't get this!

:hammer

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eye2 View Post
    Ok put it like this. Take all of your next days patients and inform them your going to just take there measurements and you want them to order on line. How long do you think you will stay in business? Thats my point we should not be supporting people who order on line. You want to support your hair stylist fine. But don't come here and start crying because your business went down because all of your so- called friends took the advise of there hair stylist and started getting there specs on line. I got a headache. I can't believe you don't get this!

:hammer
    Harassment is harassment.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harassment is harassment.

Ya Ya! Lol

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think you should charge your kid for the adjustments.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Back when I was young and egotistical enough to think I was the world's greatest fitter of contact lenses, I can't tell you what a blow it was to me to find that my children eventually went back to spectacle wear. I appearently did succeed with the grandchildren (we had soft contacts by then) but we all have these little problems in life to remind us that we are but men.

Chip

Thread Information