No announcement yet.

Old Tunes on Youtube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Juju? Well my baby got a black cat bone..

Comment

• Fendertones - Monkey's Uncle 2011

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

• Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on a Jet Pane ~1966

Some off to university or work, others to war. Not the best of times for the latter.

Comment

• Ry Cooder and Pigalotti - Pigfoot Shuffle 1989

Comment

• Tom Waits - New Coat of Paint 1976

Comment

• Buddy Miller - Wide River to Cross ~2010

Comment

• Iron Butterfly - In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida 1971

Take 1.

That's a take!

Comment

• I saw Iron Butterfly in concert twice. The first time was before In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida was released and they were the opening act for Jefferson Airplane. No one had heard of them before, but when they came on and did this song the entire coliseum was enthralled. Unfortunately when the Airplane took the stage they were without Grace Slick (who was sick) and frankly their whole set was forgettable. The only thing we remember from that night was Iron Butterfly. When they returned about a year later, they were the headlining act and were still awesome.

Originally posted by Robert Martellaro View Post
                  Iron Butterfly - In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida 1971

Take 1.

That's a take!

OptiBoard Administrator
                  ----
                  OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    I saw Iron Butterfly in concert twice. The first time was before In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida was released...
                    Nice. Almost like a private showing.

...and they were the opening act for Jefferson Airplane. No one had heard of them before, but when they came on and did this song the entire coliseum was enthralled. Unfortunately when the Airplane took the stage they were without Grace Slick (who was sick) and frankly their whole set was forgettable. The only thing we remember from that night was Iron Butterfly. When they returned about a year later, they were the headlining act and were still awesome.
                    Like the horses- bet as they move up in class. But when they hit the top it goes to their heads, and their stomachs, fat Elvis.

Steve Miller didn't record and release Fly like an Eagle until three years after this performnce. He probably picked up on that echo thing (Echoplex) from his buddy Les Paul, although the 'space level' had to be trimmed for mainstream Pop.

Without further ado, back to the future with:

Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle 1973

Comment

• Frank Sinatra - I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm 1950

Billie Holiday 13 years earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hOTVi61-8

Comment

• Sean Lennon - Isolation 2020

Hey guys! Here’s my cover of Isolation with my nephew @frepykinz14 on bass and me on drums.

Comment

• Eight Miles High

We’ve probably posted this already, if so, worth posting again,

Comment

• Steppenwolf - The Pusher 1988

Comment

• Gladys Knight and the Pips - Friendship Train 1972

Comment

• Dr Hook & The Medicine Show - Penicillin Penny 1974

Comment

Working...
                                X