Thread: My apologies . . . . .

On the Sunset Tour! Framebender's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

My apologies . . . . .

for being less than professional. I've watched fights on in this forum for page after page after page and wondered, "Why doesn't somebody stop this madness?". Maybe that was professional though and I was just too stupid to realize it.

Laughter?!? We don't need no stinking laughter! Its unprofessional to laugh. You're right, its your sandbox and you guys get to make the calls. Me, I choose not to support you financially anymore. For me it was never about the secret handshake. I subscribed because I felt a part of this. I know you have a hard job to do, but I don't recognize this place anymore. If that means you ban me for speaking my peace, so be it.

If this doesn't belong in the General Discussion area please feel free to remove it. Remember, if you can't have fun is it really worth doing it??
    Days where my gratitude exceed my expectations are very good days!

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    While I enjoyed Borisko's posts, found them humorus and don't like to see them banned or closed. Seems that the use of coloquial speach once got me in a heap 'o Optiboard trouble and continues to occasionally put me on the edge and out of the just conversation forum.
    Guess some folks just ain't as tollerant as us prejudiced southern rednecks, but then it's thier sandbox.

Chip

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper While I enjoyed Borisko's posts.......................

Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    While I enjoyed Borisko's posts, found them humorus and don't like to see them banned or closed.

Chip

For the ones who have not seen it there is an unbiased poll, " Poll: This is comedy gold................Borysko/drk " where you can express a democratic opinion on the subject.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Rather than retype the message....

Rather than retype the message see my post in this thread.

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32772

I'm still waiting for my first PM.

hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I admit, I enjoy the threads. However I will also state that my sense of humor can be warped. I took the threads as an over the top satire on many of the discussions that occur here on this board, and relationships with Frame Vendors is a huge topic with much diversity.

Hi-lights include, the "evil corporation" "the too busy to deal with rep/bad timing issues", the quest for "cheap/free frames" and opinions on board management.

Perhaps the satire was more in a South park type fashion, than Daily Show.. however many of us did find a lot of the attitudes/trends being touched upon in his "Advice". The absurdity of it I would hope will make people think about how they treat their own vendors and patients.

That being said.. Perhaps he should have his own forum that would keep the posts out of the general areas, and perhaps people could pay.. (aka become a supporter) to cover the time/resources to do so..
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Occupation
    Optometrist
    The work is clearly a "homage" to Sasha Baron Cohen's show (whatever it's called). That guy is funny, but he clearly crosses the line.

Whomever is doing this bit has tamed it down a lot.

Maybe it would be better if the material was generic as to not offend, but that's comedy.

Nonetheless, Optiboard is a professional forum worthy of protection.

Why not simply move the thread to "Just Conversation"?

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

His other posts are unaffected.....

His other posts are unaffected. The objection came from what was in the thread in question, NOT the style or delivery.
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    aa
    Last edited by ADO; 11-14-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

???

Get off your high horses. If you don't like it, don't read it.
    LDO, ABOC, NCLEC

Slow down everyone your moving to fast, frames can't catch you when your moving like that!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Framebender View Post
    for being less than professional. I've watched fights on in this forum for page after page after page and wondered, "Why doesn't somebody stop this madness?". Maybe that was professional though and I was just too stupid to realize it.

Laughter?!? We don't need no stinking laughter! Its unprofessional to laugh. You're right, its your sandbox and you guys get to make the calls. Me, I choose not to support you financially anymore. For me it was never about the secret handshake. I subscribed because I felt a part of this. I know you have a hard job to do, but I don't recognize this place anymore. If that means you ban me for speaking my peace, so be it.

If this doesn't belong in the General Discussion area please feel free to remove it. Remember, if you can't have fun is it really worth doing it??
    Wow Framebender.

I hope you don't leave over this. You are needed here at Optiboard, your contributions are seriously needed.

You are "part" of this! I understand being upset about the post in question, but all in all isn't Optiboard a great place to be? Sometimes mistakes are made, sometimes things don't go as planned....

Don't leave us... Think about it. :) Okay?
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    While I recognize that some may find toilet humor 'funny' it was my decision that such humor was not appropriate for OptiBoard. We have a number of sponsors that expect a certain degree of professionalism associated with these forums and it was MY decision that these forums are not the place for this.

I'm sorry if you were offended by that decision, but in all honestly some people get offended by toilet humor too.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just my two cents after the fact. I found the post funny. Maybe that makes me crude, but I'm fine with that. That being said, this is a private forum with rules. We're ALLOWED to be here, as long as we follow these guidelines. If Steve or any of the mods don't like a thread, it's well within their rights to lock it. And we should just roll with it. The forum isn't a democracy, more like a private club.

Thread Information