Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just remember to take care of yourself first. :D

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stick out tongue

Maria, before I left my job for the one I have now I used to hope my boss came on here just so maybe she might be embarrassed by how awful she used to treat me. Anyway I hope she still comes on especially since she allowed for so many not only unethical but illegal things go on. I also hope the opticians who were so ignorant that day to the girl that had the fire come on here so the world can see what happened that day. Yes fellow opticians that was truly the most heinous act I have ever seen anyone do ever as I said in my letter of resignation. I sure do hope they come on maybe one day they'll actually listen to their conscience (provided they have one) and really feel ashamed for what they did. I know it made me sick and I wasn't even the one who did it. It was the final factor in my decision to leave so thanks for helping me decide!! See Christine some places not only treat their employees badly but their patients as well. Hope you find a better job tell your boss when you give him your letter of resignation to find someone who never gets sick or hurt since apparently he is looking for a robot.

Good luck!!
    Steph

Rising Star
    Steve,

I know Christina did not specify she worked for OD's. I was simply stating a similar situation that I had been in while working with OD's. When I went to work for MD's, I was treated much better. There are some good Optometrist to work for in my town, but they just don't come close to the benefits that OD's can offer, mostly because they tend to be by themselves instead of in groups like MD's. For the record, I have several close friends who are Optometrists and they understand where I'm coming from when I tell my experiences. By all means, I was not trying to compare, however now that you pointed out YOUR interpretation, it does look that way. NOW I know how the celebrities feel about the papparatzi twisting their statements. Hee! Hee! Sorry Steve, I will be more careful in my wording next time.
    P.S. I have NO idea how to spell papparatzi, but you get the drift.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    It's 'paparazzi', or 011100000110000101110000011000010111001001100001011110100111 101001101001 in binary! :D

pa·pa·raz·zo (päp-rät-so)
    n. pl. pa·pa·raz·zi (-se)

A freelance photographer who doggedly pursues celebrities to take candid pictures for sale to magazines and newspapers.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Sick time

While I have little or no sympathy for people that take off more than their fair share of "sick time" or do not carry their fair share of the load, any employer who will not let an employee off when they are genuinely ill or injured probably can be sued and at least can be told what Johnnie Paycheck said. No one should be without compassion or concern for "real" conditions although what I am about to say now will sound very contrary to what I have said so far.

I do not think employees should use sick time for anything other than when they are genuinely sick and unable to complete their duties on the job. People who use whatever sick leave they are "entittled" as vacation when they are not ill should be fired. I also feel that employees should not use company time to arrange their social life, report every ache, pain, illness to and about their family. I don't say much about this in my own business but I sure resent it when I hear an employee on the phone telling her relative about thier other relatives illness or situations. Company time should be for company business only.

However if one is sick beyond the sniffles or the "cramps" one should be allowed time to visit the doctor, recieve treatment, and recover as needed.

Chip

Thread Information