Thread: Has anyone been on Optician Forum lately?

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs down

Has anyone subjected themselves to optician forum lately? It is not even worth the minute I spent on there. All they do is ridicule each other. They don't even talk about optical! It makes me very glad to have a place as professional as Optiboard to spend my time. At least we are all professional! My goodness that site has become worse than that of a circus. Thanks Steve for monitoring things the way you do so that we don't end up like that.
    Keep up the professionalism everyone! We are doing great!
    Steph

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Exclamation

Steph...how true! I have been watching the forum for several days now, hoping that it was a temporary trend, and that those who were having fun acting up would get bored and go somewhere else. (Just please, not here!)
    Steve: either you are working overtime to keep the same sort of trash off this board, or we have been phenomenally lucky that they haven't located your site! Again...sincere appreciation for all the work you do! I'm about to delete my bookmark for the forum...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

I help OAA monitor the Forum and we have been working with our ISP to block these increasingly offensive posts. We are currently setting up a registration system similar to the one used here to discourage these internet vandals. My very strong suggestion at this point would be to refrain from posting on the open Forum and, if you are an OAA member, utilizing the Members only board. Our goal is to have the new log-in procedures in place by weeks end.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Judy,

Let me know if I can be of any help to the people running the Optician's Forum.

------------------
    Steve
    OptiBoard Administrator

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Question

Judy wrote:
    My very strong suggestion at this point would be to refrain from posting on the open Forum and, if you are an OAA member, utilizing the Members only board.
    How do you access the member's only forum? I'm an OAA member, and I've never been able to get on it... (hmmm, maybe that's by design! :D). I've emailed the OAA on different occasions, and have yet to receive a reply.

See ya this weekend,
    Pete

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Dear, dear Pete,

You are a member of the OAA but not a member on the OAA members forum, you swine! You're not good enough for the members forum so you'll just have to sit on the sidelines and watch as the rest of us first stringers play. Hah! :-)

No, not really. You have to call them on the phone and they give you your user ID and password. It will have nothing to do with anything you would create in your own mind though :-)

See ya there Dude!

Darris "I wonder if shooting spit wads at the captain would be too distracting" Chambless

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

According to several of the people with whom I was able to speak with regarding the Optician's Forum, any attempt to ban the malicious poster would result in a disruption in accessibility to many of the other, innocent, posters. As previously mentioned, however, they are working on the problem.

Pete

Thread Information