I am angry as hell right now!

Allied Van Lines 'lost' approximately $5200.000 worth of our musics CDs during our move from California to Arizona. After several excruciating weeks of dealing with a very unprofessional Customer Service and Claims staff, they denied our claim on the grounds that we 'accepted' delivery of our goods and did not note at the time we received them that the CDs were missing. Forget the fact that we had a house full of about 500 boxes and there was absolutely no way to go through each and everyone of them immediately to determine if anything was missing. In fact there was a box missing and we notified the movers of this fact at the time they unloaded. We were told not to worry and that if the missing box didn't show up, we had 9 months to file a claim.

In all my dealings with Allied I never once received the courtesy of having my phone calls returned (in spite of numerous messages). In addition, they never seemed to care that one of their employees could possibly be responsible for the missing items. Instead in every word and deed, they have come across as an arrogant, uncaring company that was only interested in covering up any possible misdeeds and liability.

If you ever have occasion to need to hire a moving company, do yourself a big favor and avoid Allied Van Lines and their subsidiaries.

:angry: