Greeting to Everyone:

I know there are many of you out there that feel a sense of belonging with the OptiBoard, as I do. We certainly poked fun at ourselves in the OptiBoard Anonymous thread not long ago. So it was with some shock that I discovered that we only raised $106 in donations during the OB shirt-buying spree. To be quite honest.... I was somewhat embarrassed. After all hoopla we spout here, I figured it would be closer to $500. Perhaps it was because of being attached to the shirts, and not all bought shirts. Frankly I don't know why, but I feel a soapbox chat coming on.

Steve has managed to keep this board alive and well, even in view of his current job position, and remaining caught somewhere between the Bay Area and Phoenix. Most of us in his circumstances would have probably dropped this dollar-sucking site from the get-go. Not Steve, throughout all of his own turmoil - he kept us happy!

Now is the time to reach out and help Steve. 62% of all the posts come from the top 25 Optiboarders (78% from the top 50). Collectively, we in the top 25 have posted over 13000 messages. Even though there are over 1000 members, and if each member gave a dollar a month all would be well - this ain't gonna happen. So I think it's up to us, those that use the board the most, to help support "our" place. So what you say gang? Others out there willing to help keep our OptiBoard alive without driving Steve into recession?

I'll start off with a pledge.... $100.00 in the mail to Steve just as soon as he sends me an address for the envelope. Others in?