Burnt again by a new lab I decided to try out, I sent them a tough job and they have messed it up numerous times and I have said every time I call, that a mistake is OK, just give me a call and a new ETA, and every time they have dropped the ball, the last time around they made up some cokamamy story and then said they would overnight it. My origianl ETA was 3-5 days, it's been almost a month, I knew it would be a more difficult job, so I explained to teh patient that it would probably be more along the lines of 2 weeks and may even be a bit longer. The lack of communication from the lab has put me into a tight situation where if I don't get them in by tommorow the guy wants to cancel the order or he'll accept a $100.00 reduction in price. This is one of those new FF jobs where the lab keeps telling me that if I sent them an easier job it could have been done in 3-5 days, so it's apparentyl my fault for utilizing their services. Anyway last time I use that lab.

I offered a pair of progressives in his frames gratis as a courtesy since the job has taken too long and to top it all off since it's a FF job theirs barely any profit in it either way and now I am stuck dipping into that profit to make him up a second pair which is better than the alternatives, refund or $100.00 off. For all you FF manufacturers out there heed this warnign you burn your bridges and I don't care if you may think you can make something no one else can, I will never order it and my customers will never get your product.