Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What comes around goes around, Mr. Hussien...

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

What comes around goes around, Mr. Hussien...

I suppose we may eventually find out that Saddam wasn't in the bunker that we obliterated yesterday. Regardless, however, it interests me that Iraqis were among those who provided the intel regarding his location.

I only watch about 30 minutes of coverage a day, but I would hope that I'm not alone in feeling a sense of pride when I see American and British soldiers handing out food, being cheered by Iraqis, and housing prisoners in what once were the vestiges of Saddam's power (i.e., his palaces).

I'm sure there will be those who continue to view the allies with skepticism, who claim we're "there for the oil," who cry over the victims of this war without thought for an entire nation that has been victimized by this regime, and who will find fault with any form of government that fills the vacuum left by the Baath Party. As for me, I won't live under any delusion that I had an active role in all this, but next time I notice the portion of my check that goes to the Federal government it will be with slightly less sorrow.

Anyway, guess what Saddam- wherever you are (and I'm guessing that just now its someplace really unpleasant and hot), welcome to the fate that awaits most evil men... death and/or destruction. I hope you enjoyed the years that you spent living in luxury while you gassed your own people, denied food and water to those who opposed you, and revelled in your own obstinance. Oh, and if somehow you weren't crushed like an over-ripe grape when four US-made bombs ripped into your bunker, no matter- you've only purchased one more day to hide before we do find you.

Oh well, I suppose its time to bring in the U.N. now that the dirty work has been taken care of...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Pete,

If you want to see a slant from a different view point, I have been watching (off and on) the "international news channel" on my cable, shows news from British, German, and a few other countries .. It actually (on the German news) showed the site where Sodamn Insane was at.. I didn't connect the two because from the German report it showed a HUGE crater and the story was about how American "bombs" landed in a residential area in Bagtrap and they had "no report on the amount of civilian deaths or why it was bombed" ...it was a HUGE crater.. than over to MSN and they broke the story (couple hours later) about tossing a number of 2,000 lb. bunker busters on a site in the residential area where they had reports Sodamn Insane and his "war" committee was meeting..
    Gee those guys from the international news site was standing pointing their cams right down into the biggest crater of the war and had no idea what they were seeing!!
    Check out the international news channel.. some interesting coverage we do not get to see from the Fox/MSN/CNN/CNBC gang..

Jeff "ok so I a news junkie" Trail

Master OptiBoarder Cindy Hamlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I thought this picture was rather telling. After they toppled the statue of Saddam in the center of Baghdad it was tied to a car and drug about the streets of Baghdad.

Here is the caption for this picture:

Leftover : Iraqis cheer as a statue of Saddam Hussein with a garbage bag dangling from his hand is dragged by a car in Baghdad. (AFP/Patrick Baz)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

OptiBoard Professional Robert Wagner's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up Right on Cindy

Great picture! :D

I do hope that ALL service personal still over their keep their wits about them and look out for the few loyalists/snipers that lurk in the dark corners of Iraq.

I wonder what the French are saying after seeing the jubilation of the Iraq people dancing and being free from that mad man.

Lets all hope and pray that we don't loose any more people and all of our fighting men and women come home safe and sound soon! :D

My flag is flying high how about yours?

Robert W.

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    What I want to know, is what does the "Iraq Information Officer" have to say about today?

"This is a Lie. It is not Real. We are killing them. The Americans are committing suicide."

Sheesh. He reminds me of John Cleese in Search for the Holy Grail. All thats left is his head and hes saying.."Its just a flesh wound...come on...fight me!"

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Night Train said:
    What I want to know, is what does the "Iraq Information Officer" have to say about today?
    A local radio station was guessing something like "the citizens of Iraq are removing statues of our president for cleaning."

You know, at first, I thought the Information Officer was so annoying he was one of the first henchman I would like to see go. Now, I kind of miss him; I imagined we would see him standing there swearing that the coalition troops were running away at the same time ignoring the muzzle from the gun of an M1-A1 Abrams tank tapping him on the shoulder.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hey Night Train.......

If you must refer to the Iraqi Information Officer please refer to him by his proper name-

"BAGDAD BOB"

I heard he was going to call a news conference today to say that Saddam was tired of looking at all those statues of himself so he had them torn down!:D :D :D

(over 40 in the capital alone!)

Not a bad day today!
    hj
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This would be the picture I had in mind:

http://cagle.slate.msn.com//

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Jo said:
    AYou know, at first, I thought the Information Officer was so annoying he was one of the first henchman I would like to see go. Now, I kind of miss him;
    If Jay Leno was smart, he'd hire him for the Tonight Show. He's one of the funniest performers on TV today! :D

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter varmint's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    this?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just love a good political cartoon!:D
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just got this one e-mailed to me.
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    One more.
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    maybe 2 more....
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    I am also a big fan of the Iraqi Info Officer. He's wonderfully intense and clueless at the same time, a truly astonishing combination.
    I do feel sorry for the Iraqi statue maker, never allow one customer to be too large a part of yr biz.
    My question du jour is: why does everyone hate the Kurds so much and how did they get stuck with that awful name.
    My second question du jour: when did Ted Koppel get real hair?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    chm2023 said:
    My second question du jour: when did Ted Koppel get real hair?
    I had a friend that was a video editor who won an Emmy for his editing of the piece Koppel did on Nicholai Chowchescu (I am sure that is spelled wrong), the Romanian dictator.

I asked the question I had heard for years "Is that his or a toupee?" Bob assured me it was his hair. I still had my doubts!

As an aside, I got to hold the Emmy and they are a lot lighter than the stars make them look to be!
    Last edited by Cindy Hamlin; 04-10-2003 at 07:05 PM.
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    I saw him reporting from the front, and it looked real--salt and pepper and hair-like, not like something that landed on his head. It actually looked good. Go figure.

I had a tour of ABC in New York once. Peter Jennings uses his Emmys to prop open his door. Thought that was a little too affected. He was very nice (and handsome!) though.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Steve Machol said:
    If Jay Leno was smart, he'd hire him for the Tonight Show. He's one of the funniest performers on TV today! :D
    I would think he would want to hold out for his own show on Comedy Central, "Minister Muhammad Sa'id al-Sahhaf Knows Best."

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Cover of Time Magazine

A drawing of Saddam Hussein's face with a red 'X' painted over it serves as the cover for Time magazine's April 21, 2003 issue. The weekly newsmagazine's cover reprises an issue from 58 years ago, when Adolf Hitler's face appeared on the magazine, complete with red 'X.' (AP Photo/Time, Inc.)
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I think crosshairs would be a more suitable accessory for Mr. Hussein, come to think of it, we could probably arrange a matching set for him and Osama.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    Very gruesome article in this month's Vanity Fair about Saddam's 2 sons. One is a garden variety thug, the other a real psychopath. Makes for fun family reunions.

LOL :D
    And then there's this:
    http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com :hammer:

Bad address email on file
    Cindy - I just love your humour !! I think your pictures are so funny !

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    New Iraqui Information Officer site:

http://64.39.15.171/mss_jobs.html
    ~Cindy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Got this cartoon in my e-mail this morning.
    ~Cindy

Thread Information