This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intro thread

Hi I'm new to the boards, but have lurked some in the past. I've been stuck in this field for over ten years now starting in the lab, and working my way up to manage an optical for an Opthamologist. Joined to gain the knowledge of some of the forum members here and to share what little I have picked up in the last ten years. Ok, so I don't completely hate my job just the days when I have to deal with the hoards of nuts that come into our office. I am, or was A.B.O. certified. NOt sure since I haven't checked on my dates and I surely haven't taken any classes to count towards my renewal. I would rather spend my off time with my family and son versus sitting with a bunch of other opticians listening to why so and so's products are so good. If I have any free time I enjoy going out for a ride on my motorcycle on the backroads around Houston.

Dislikes

Silhouette - crap
    Luxottica - all looks the same just a different wholesale price
    ^ Oakley - 70 piece buy-in
    Marchon - really nothing good to say
    ^ VSP - luckily only about 10% of my business
    patients on my special pricing list

shoreview
    crizal EZ
    kishimoto high tech
    sun optic - shhhhhhh
    happy patients

Hope to share and learn a little while sitting at work. If this is the wrong section please move it. I could not find an intro page.

:cheers:

5 views and not one hello? tough group here.............

Comment

Aren't you just a little ball of sunshine!

Have you been introduced to Grumpy Cat, yet?

Welcome to the forum.......Casual conversation, and intros could be in this forum, or the "Just Conversation" one.
      Eyes wide open

Comment

Originally posted by OPTICALTROLL View Post
        Meeeh...it's Friday, and I'm on a coffee break.......everyone else, especially on the East Coast is already into the 4H....Home, Honey...and Happy Hour.
        Eyes wide open

Comment

Is uncut appropriate for an open forum?

The layout of the forum is growing on me and a mod can easily move my thread, but thanks for the info.

AND THANKS FOR THE HELLO!!!

Comment

There are dozens of guests and lurkers for every poster. 14 min isn't really that long to wait for a response. Try not to live up to your name! Welcome to OB.
            Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

Is uncut appropriate for an open forum?

It refers to the status of my hair, so I think it's ok

The layout of the forum is growing on me and a mod can easily move my thread, but thanks for the info.

AND THANKS FOR THE HELLO!!!
              You are welcome!
              Eyes wide open

Comment

Hello

Comment

No, it was the views with no response that got me. How hard is it to say hello? Or maybe I'm just friendly. Digging the picture wes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqui View Post
                    Hello
                    Hey Jacqui thanks for the hello

Comment

No, it was the views with no response that got me. How hard is it to say hello? Or maybe I'm just friendly. Digging the picture wes.
                      Lots of guests/lurkers. As a former lurker, every time you viewed something and didn't respond, you did exactly what you're discussing. ;)
                      You actually got a very quick response.
                      Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

You really need to clam down and back off. If you expect replies 12 minutes ater you post, then you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you are, in fact, a TROLL as you claim, then you will be banned.

Take a deep breath before posting again.

OptiBoard Administrator
                        ----
                        OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                          You really need to clam down and back off. If you expect replies 12 minutes ater you post, then you are going to be sorely disappointed. If you are, in fact, a TROLL as you claim, then you will be banned.

Take a deep breath before posting again.
                          Thanks for the hello? banned? thanks for making a new member feel welcome.

Comment

Bilbo: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Welcome to Optiboard!

My advice--- Be sure to grow skin thick enough that a mahout can't penetrate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
                              Bilbo: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Welcome to Optiboard!

My advice--- Be sure to grow skin thick enough that a mahout can't penetrate it.
                              NICE

thanks

Trust me, I can handle it.

Comment

Working...
                              X