Thread: Looking for a Consumer Friendly Forum

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Smilie Looking for a Consumer Friendly Forum

I'm looking for a Forum that is heavily used by people well-versed in Optometrics. Can someone direct me to one? I'd ask my question on here but I'm unsure what's allowed and what's not (looking for lens opinions). :-/ Unfortunately I know of no where to go to get my question answered, my Opthamologist said to see an Optometrist (to get my prescription filled) and I wanted to find one that fits a specific criteria. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    Last edited by Nazgul; 06-12-2012 at 05:52 PM.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Basically I have double-vision so need a pair of glasses, but want a pair for every-day and then another for sports (football, basketball, biking). My prescription is very minor (OD: None, 5 Prism Base and OS: -.75 Sph, +.50 Cyl, 100 Axis, 5 Prism Base). I'd like a SV FF lens but I know if I go to Optometrist A they'll say their brand is the best, Optometrist B will say theirs, etc, etc. I wanted to get some opinions then I can search in my area to find places that provide that brand of lens. Hopefully that's a reasonable request and isn't deemed to be something that I should be asking my doctor.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Shoot we have to be nice and courteous to consumers when they are actually in our store for our services. Why should we have to be nice to people that we will never meet and are trying to circumvent having to use our services.

Chip

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson View Post
    Shoot we have to be nice and courteous to consumers when they are actually in our store for our services. Why should we have to be nice to people that we will never meet and are trying to circumvent having to use our services.
    Chip
    lol Well I guess I could drive around and go to every place that has different lenses and waste hours of the Optometrist's time (and mine) or ask on here then go to one and buy the lens. It's no biggie, if people don't want to answer I'll wing it and hope for the best. I kinda got an inkling of what's good and what isn't from reading this board, figured I'd see if anyone wanted to be magnanimous before I dove into my few hundred dollar purchase. :P

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please follow our posting guidelines.

This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Sorry but I do not know of a consumer forum for you to get the diagnosis you need. And the reason we cannot answer your questions is the same reason a Doctor cannot diagnose someone over the Internet whom they have never met.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Or: you could be specific about where you live, and perhaps one of our members can offer to help you in real life.

Otherwise: This forum is for Eyecare Professionals. Consumers are allowed to post in the Just Conversation forum and non-optical topics only. Please be aware that any questions involving optics or eyecare may be removed. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation.
    Last edited by Wes; 06-12-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: You guys are quick!
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Sure, that's cool. I'm about 1 hour West of Philly. I am kinda leaning towards Seiko since a lot of the people on here seem to like them, but couldn't find any in the area. I'm open to other options though. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am about an hour west of Philly.

You can private message me with more of your details and I can see if I can assist.

Thread Information