Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Articles of FREE glasses from Yahoo Finance

Removed flagrant self-promotion. - Admin

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    yep, i went to that web site. frames looked nice. piced a rimeless frame. they wanted to put cr39 lenses in it. lol

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Nothing wrong with CR39...........................

Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post

yep, i went to that web site. frames looked nice. piced a rimeless frame. they wanted to put cr39 lenses in it. lol

Wht's wrong with CR39 lenses......................they are still the most popular of all of them. You can hard coat, you can UV, you can tint, and you can AR them and they are still the closest quality to original glass lenses which are still the perfect lens material.

and for Firmoo on-line:

Their website ranking shows today: Alexa Traffic Rank 67,301.........................in the USA 17,470..................1,137 Sites Linking In

which puts it down to a super results like many on-line opticals . We do not have many regular optical companies web sites that reach such results as to my over 850 large liks for website listings at http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Wht's wrong with CR39 lenses......................they are still the most popular of all of them. You can hard coat, you can UV, you can tint, and you can AR them and they are still the closest quality to original glass lenses which are still the perfect lens material.
    I use Cr-39 too, but it's just not an appropriate material for drill and groove mounts. Sure it's what was used in the good ol days, but we used mud/straw bricks for houses and clay for floors in the good ol days. And we lived in Tepees and igloos... We used to walk or ride animals for transportation, back in the good ol days. Medicine was "bleeding" and leech application. I don't want to go back to the good ol days. They weren't that good.

Point is, it chips, cracks and breaks. Even if the ECP/manufacturer does a GREAT job on it, the patient always seem to do a better JOB on it.

CR-39 in drill and groove mounts: JUST SAY NO!
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Are you in any way connected to Firmoo? Please answer honestly.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Are you in any way connected to Firmoo? Please answer honestly.
    Patrick888, I am still waiting for an answer to this. Consider it a requirement for further access to OptiBoard and not a request.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Patrick888, I am still waiting for an answer to this. Consider it a requirement for further access to OptiBoard and not a request.
    Dear Steve,

Sorry for late reply, I am in China, and I have some difficulty in accessing OptiBoard. Yes, I am with Firmoo. The reason why I am here is not for promoting myself, I am here for letting us know what is going on the online side of the optical world. If this answer is not satisfactory, you can make your decision, hahaha.

Firmoo is doing pretty good, and we have got very good customer review. You can check our Facebook page for details.
    Last edited by Patrick888; 03-12-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick888 View Post
    Dear Steve,

Sorry for late reply, I am in China, and I have some difficulty in accessing OptiBoard. Yes, I am with Firmoo. The reason why I am here is not for promoting myself, I am here for letting us know what is going on the online side of the optical world. If this answer is not satisfactory, you can make your decision, hahaha.

Firmoo is doing pretty good, and we have got very good customer review. You can check our Facebook page for details.

www.Facebook.com/FirmooGlasses
    In the words of Jon Stewart..."Steve, you gonna take that sh1t?" Patrick888 is begging for banishment with another free ad for his online business. Chutzpah!!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick888 View Post
    Dear Steve,

Your posts are a violation of the OptiBoard posting guidelines. I suggest you read them.

Because of this blatant violation, any further mention of Firmoo is not acceptable on these forums.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    cr-39 in a drill mount? come on! will not last a day!. sorry I sould have made that clear.

Occupation
    "Welcome to our Glasses kingdom," Patrick Li, Firmoo CEO said...
    Maybe it's just a coincidence...

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    true true true

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I disagree Wes, Drilling and grooving (metal grooving: extra bonus points) in CR39 is a great way to keep in touch with your patient on a daily basis.

Just be sure to stock 10 pairs of lenses in their prescription before handing the glasses over, and your set!

Only do this if you enjoy the patient's company. If not, then I guess I will concede that yes, Trivex, Poly, 1.6 (MR-8) are better options.

Occupation
    Right? And let's hope the pt really enjoys your company too, and the possibility of flakes of plastic in the eyes, and likes extra-thick low power lenses...

Just because a thing can be done, or was done in the past, doesn't mean it should be done now.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I fear my sarcasm was lost

The process is called dispensing by Sisyphus...

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonArdanaz View Post
    I fear my sarcasm was lost

The process is called dispensing by Sisyphus...
    No no, I got it, that's what the "RIGHT?" was for. I just went along with it.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    lol. The 1st Dr I worked 4 he had his 18 year old daughter work for him in his optical. She had a pt pick a drill mount and then say I only want what my ins covers. I told her that job needs to be in poly. She she's the pt is always rite like my father says. I samiled and said no they are not. The pt said I am not paying a penning more. The daughter daid dont worry. The job came in. The pt came in Day one. Day 2 the pt came back broke glasses. He spoke to the daughter she told the pt you get what you paid for. Thankfully she was only there for the summer. She became a Child enforement officer. Lord Help Us. :-) Sorry for the spelling. Red Neck here.

Occupation
    Sorry for the Hijack.. Now back to your regularly scheduled shameless self promotion.

Occupation
    Reminder of the OptiBoard Posting Guidelines:

Please identify all potential conflicts of interest clearly. If you are commenting on an issue or product that you have a financial interest in, you must identify this relationship.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Steve how do I put a pic next to my name?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post
    Steve how do I put a pic next to my name?
    That would be an avatar: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/faq....atures_avatars

P.S. Please don't post off-topic posts. Thanks.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----

Occupation
    Another hijack!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Guys....a little bit insulting, towards Chris...are you not.

Occupation
    Chris should know better than to suggest CR-39 as being appropriate for a drill mount. It worked (poorly) when it was the only thing available. Much better options are available and it should absolutely NOT be used for drill or groove mounts. To have someone of Rysers stature recommend it for such purposes does a disservice to everyone who doesn't know better.
    It hearkens back to the good ol days, and they weren't that good. We made do with what we had. We still do, and we have better. "We do it that way because we always dis it that way" is a non-productive way of thinking. If that line of thinking held sway, we'd still be hunter-gatherers.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Chris should know better than to suggest CR-39 as being appropriate for a drill mount. It worked (poorly) when it was the only thing available. Much better options are available and it should absolutely NOT be used for drill or groove mounts. To have someone of Rysers stature recommend it for such purposes does a disservice to everyone who doesn't know better.
    It hearkens back to the good ol days, and they weren't that good. We made do with what we had. We still do, and we have better. "We do it that way because we always dis it that way" is a non-productive way of thinking. If that line of thinking held sway, we'd still be hunter-gatherers.
    +1. Maybe I can make it work in the lab, but I can't count on my customers to make it work in their lives. If my job is to put my patients in the best product for their needs, I can sure as heck guarantee that they NEED their lenses to not flake, chip, or crack when they take their glasses off one-handed.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Thread Information