Thread: Online Optical gets Vision Monday award

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Online Optical gets Vision Monday award

Coastal Recognized as Industry Leader With Vision Monday(R) Award
    Download this Press Release
    VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 23, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Coastal Contacts Inc. (TSX:COA) (Stockholm:COA) the world's largest online retailer of eyeglasses and contact lenses announced today it has received the Vision Monday® Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way Award for the most Daring Social Media or Web Presence.This award is part of Vision Monday's 1st Annual Dispensing and Retail Excellence (D.A.R.E.) Awards.
    Based in New York, Vision Monday® is the Ophthalmic Industry's Leading Source of News and News Analysis and is a division of Jobson Healthcare.

We are pleased to receive this strong recognition from Vision Monday and to be part of the rapidly changing landscape in the optical industry," stated Roger Hardy, Coastal's Founder and CEO.

"With more than one million Facebook™ friends and having recently shipped our one millionth pair of eyeglasses, Coastal has become the leader in the online eyeglasses category. The momentum continues to build as we added more than 180,000 new eyeglasses customers in the most recent quarter alone.
    "We look at our category and think there are many ways to improve. It lags in technological adoption for several reasons, but we are of the view that the category will accelerate its migration to use technology to better serve customers in ways that they want to be served over time. Technology is changing so fast, those who don't innovate will be left behind as so many old world retailers have already discovered. Innovation is a key part of our culture and it occurs at Coastal every day, all in the interest of better serving an increasing number of customers."
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 10-15-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    theres the reason i dont pay any attention to vision monday.
    equal opportunity offender!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ooooooold news.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Considering how large and how long OptiBoard has been running (since 1995), it's a bit odd that it has never received any awards, and as far as I know, any significant mention in the Optical press.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Machol View Post
    Considering how large and how long OptiBoard has been running (since 1995), it's a bit odd that it has never received any awards, and as far as I know, any significant mention in the Optical press.

It's because all the optical press are Bozo's!

Thanks Steve for all you do for all of opticianry!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Agreed!

B

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I also agree it should be winning more than some of the others.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper The optical press ignores OptiBoard...........................

The optical press is a good and typical example of all the press. They live off advertising,..................... press releases are usually a free service they provide because they are industry news.

However that is where they also do discriminate between the hand that feeds them and the other that does not. They ignore the the real fact that actual informative news furthers their web presence by increasing their rankings. That is also why their standard news is that Mr XWZ has been nomintated by company 1234 as the VP for sales, while ignoring that the small company "somwhere" has just announced a revolutionary new concept.

OptiBoard however is competition to the old fashioned press that is slowly adapting to the open internet by having participating members that use it to publish opinions, good or bad, interesting or not and all of it for free. Steve who ventured into OptiBoard gets the respect from his members, but the income from the commercial sponsors that support OB. Also members can support OB by joining the "For Professionals only" where you can post real cost and prices and these posts can only be seen by paying members.

Having said that, I would also mention that OptiBoard has a much better and higher web ranking than any of the optical publications world wide. This is due to the instant transmission of the post's made on it. The optical world is watching what is said on OptiBoard and opinions good or bad are noticed by a large audience ............................even Google will transmit some of the post's minutes after they are made.

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Only rich company can do "RICH" PR. Coastal is rich company. They send free eyeglasses to people.

Master OptiBoarder Striderswife's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think Eye Care Professional is the only trade mag I've seen mention Optiboard. :/
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

bilateral peripheral scotoma LandLord's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's because most don't admit in real life they read optiboard
    Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

Thread Information