Are You Dispensing TACT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Dispensing TACT ?

I've recently come across this Hoya lens.
    We've been using Access and DeskTop for some time as the 'Office/Computer' type of lens, but I understand that TACT can also be used for occasional distance use.

Is anyone using it? and what are your experiences?

I'll appreciate any input. Thanks

I don't believe it!

Thank you everyone for the lack of answers.... this can only mean that this is a dud lens.

Tell me I'm wrong.... or right! someone...... please........ pretty please !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Clive,

To be honest I have never heard of the Hoya TACT. Perhaps the lens has different trade names depending on location?

Comment

That may be the case. The Sola VIP was known as the Graduate everyplace except North America.

OptiBoard Administrator
        ----
        OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

OK OK

It is avaiable in the UK under "TACT" 1,2 or 3....
          Hoyalux TACT is a multifocal design based on an advanced calculation method, the 'Transmission-Based Lens Design' principle. Hoyalux Tact 'Indoor' is a progressive design intended for middle distances, with wide distortion-free reading and mid areas. Three dimensional sight is also possible from a distance. There are three different types of Hoyalux Tact: Tact 1, 2 and 3, depending on your requirements.
          I have NO idea of what they are like, as i too had never heard of them...You just got me curious so i had a nozy round the Hoya You need to go to Products/About lenses/Lens types/Plastic lens types....

Comment

Thanks for the answers, and Steve, you've solved one of those niggling questions I've had for years....... "What happened to the Graduate?"

It was a great lens in its time and over the years the VIP ( I realise now, a 'name-changer' )and Xcel too (which we still use as our real basic starter.

John, thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
            X