Thread: VSP progressive, Your opinion of it?

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

VSP progressive, Your opinion of it?

A woman I know just got her first progressive at a local private doctor's office and they fit her with the VSP progressive. I can't remember it's name at the moment.

My friend's rx is pretty simple; about a -1.50/-1.25 at the distance with a +1.75 add.

She is complaining about the periphery being blurry, she really notices it. She also is complaining that she feels like she has to dip her head just a little at distance or it's not clear.

I've never used this lens but I've worn many progressives and I know some are noticeably more blurry in the peripheral then others. I know that I've had a couple that I felt I had to dip my head even though they weren't measured too high.

I told her to got back to the office and make sure they are fit correctly of course. But I also wonder what people's opinion of the VSP progressive is. (What's it name, again?) Is it a decent progressive or not?

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's the Reveal. Anybody have any opinions on it?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Don't know about the Reveal, but I got a new pair of Espira lenses and they're pretty ordinary for a progressive, pretty terrible for a digital lens. The temporal periphery is not clear and the areas around the seg are nowhere near as clean as my ID LIfestyles.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    is it the reg reveal or reveal FF? I would use the summit over the reveal and the summit IQ over the reveal FF....we tried the reveal briefly when VSP was doing the kick back but that was a short endeavor....we would rather dispense a superior product than get a couple of extra bucks

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I'v had luck w/ the Reveal, now their pushing Unity FF havn't tryed it yet but we may. As listenclose said "we would rather dispense a superior product than get a couple of extra bucks".

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think it was the freeform, but I'm not sure. She was charged about $500 for it with the AR. She told them she wanted a quality AR but is not happy with it. It is already getting dirty fast. She has gotten used to the progressive but is still noticing the blurry side areas.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper She was charged about $500 ................................

Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post

I think it was the freeform, but I'm not sure. She was charged about $500 for it with the AR. She told them she wanted a quality AR but is not happy with it. It is already getting dirty fast. She has gotten used to the progressive but is still noticing the blurry side areas.

................and then we all wonder why people are switching to the on line optical's that sell the same for 39.00 bucks.................:bbg:

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We are using the Reveal FF, Reveal VI and the Individual and have not had any complaints. I get a lot of "WOW Thats Amazing!"

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorbait View Post
    We are using the Reveal FF, Reveal VI and the Individual and have not had any complaints. I get a lot of "WOW Thats Amazing!"
    Can you tell me if Crizal can be used on the Reveal?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Here's an old thread on the Reveal: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php/34480-quot-Reveal-quot-lens-from-VSP-Zeiss

And I'm going to feel pretty safe saying that you probably can't put Crizal on a Zeiss lens..... Well, you might actually be able to, but I bet it's not "approved" for it.
    There are rules. Knowing those are easy. There are exceptions to the rules. Knowing those are easy. Knowing when to use them is slightly less easy. There are exceptions to the exceptions. Knowing those is a little more tricky, and know when to use those is even more so. Our industry is FULL of all of the above.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't believe they will put Crizal on the Reveal, however, They will put Teflon CC which is price comparable to Alize and I am wearing Purecoat which is comparable to Avance and I love it!

Thread Information