Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CyberEYES Digital Dispensing Solution

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

CyberEYES Digital Dispensing Solution

Take a look at the enclosed information and then ask yourself how impressed you'd be if someone measured your $500 eyeglasses with a ruler, piece of tape and a felt tip pen? CyberEYES gives your opticians the tools they'll need to eliminate remakes and sell more premium products.
    Countless practitioners from all over North America have already employed this incredible technology and the word is spreading quickly.
    The CyberEYES imager provides the ultimate fitting experience resulting in better vision and happier patients. Our proprietary measurement techniques uses "Ultrasonic Transducer Technology" to calculate the most precise measurements on the market without having to attach a separate apparatus to the frame. Additionally, CyberEYES educates the patient on their lens and frame selections to help them choose products that enhance their vision and now we've added the CyberEYESVTO (Virtual Try On) which allows you to keep your office open 24/7.
    Just some of the many benefits of CyberEyes include:
    • Eliminate or greatly reduce remakes
    • Increased sales of premium products
    • Quicker decisions by patients
    • Attract new patients
    • Increased patient loyalty due to better fitting eyeglasses
    Don't leave your dispensary behind when utilizing technology to set yourself apart. CyberEYES offers the high touch, high-tech solution that so many practitioners are searching for. You'll soon understand why so many have joined the CyberEYES family and made this technology a mandatory part of their patient flow process.
    Visit our website www.cyber-imaging.com to arrange a functionality demonstration.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What is your relationship with this company?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    One of the features lists full e-commerce capabilities or let the patient reserve the frames. This is hinting at removing a human from measuring or taking measurements.

Our proprietary measurement techniques uses "Ultrasonic Transducer Technology" to calculate the most precise measurements on the market without having to attach a separate apparatus to the frame.
    I am assuming that the transducers are to measure the distance to the patients face while taking measurements and the image scaled and measured, not the most accurate as ultrasonic transducers can be off if the density of the material being echoed is too soft. Also if the customer is positioned at an angle other than 90 degrees or perpindicular to the camera then the image will be interpreted wrong with a narrower than normal PD measure.

Take a look at the enclosed information and then ask yourself how impressed you'd be if someone measured your $500 eyeglasses with a ruler, piece of tape and a felt tip pen? CyberEYES gives your opticians the tools they'll need to eliminate remakes and sell more premium products.
    I won't take offense to it if you won't take offense to my post. I would change opticians in this statement to frame stylist, since I would trust my measures with a ruler or pupilometer over this equipment anyday, but i would more than likely trust this equipment to a framestylist with a ruler. This equipment is more about sales than it is about fitting and dispensing eyewear. Never has "selling the sizzle not the steak" been more appropriate.

And Judy my sneaking suspicion is that he works or lives in Raleigh, NC and doesn't bother reading the forum rules or policies..................
    Last edited by HarryChiling; 01-31-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Occupation

CyberEYES

Harry,

Thanks for the reply and I certainly don't take offence. Frankly, you make some very good points so let me address them. First you mentioned that the VTO frame reservation feature take's the frame stylist out of the picture. Actually the frames are reserved to your office where the patient would then come to be properly fit with CyberEYES. I'd be glad to forward more information to you. Secondly, the Ultrasonic Transducer Technology has a proven track record of accuracy. Furthermore, this technology in not intended to remove the frame stylist from the fitting in fact, it is designed to do just the opposite.
    Finally, I do like your suggestion on frame stylist and will use it often in the future.
    I do live in N.C. and I'm the VP Sales for CyberImaging, Inc.

Jim

Occupation
    [quote=Judy Canty;282220]What is your relationship with this company?[

Hi Judy....I'm the VP Sales for CyberImaging, Inc.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Jim. In that case, these are part of the posting guidelines you agreed to follow when you registered:

In order to post items and services for sale in this forum, you will need to first purchase one of the OptiBoard Subscriptions available in under Paid Subscriptions in your User CP. After this, you can post in the Optical Marketplace forum.
    Please identify all potential conflicts of interest clearly. If you are commenting on an issue or product that you have a financial interest in, you must identify this relationship. It is also all right to mention your product or service in response to another message. All I ask is that you do this without turning it into a major advertisement, and that you follow the previous point and identify your relationship to this product.

Occupation
    Judy,

Thank you....I was new to the site and wasn't fully aware of the procedure you mention.

Once again....thanks

registeredoptician Refractingoptician.com's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    When you are ready , could we have a discussion on this topic in the Profesional Only Forum, where you might also discusss cost ?

Occupation
    I would be pleased to do that however, it may be best if I scheduled a "live" on-line functionality demonstration for you. If this is something you'd be interested in doing just visit our website and request it. Frankly, seeing the technology in action is much more powerful than trying to explaining it in words.

Thanks....Jim

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is not unlike that old, fated Pierre Fay endeavor of a few years ago, where your clients came in your office and had a digital photo taken of themselves, with a receipted username and password. Then, they went home to login and "try on" frames and lens options from a per-determined assortment. The camera has also created a pupillary reflex for measuring PD and heights. The clients then made their selections, placed it in the shopping cart, and paid for it online. They rec'd an email telling them when to pick-up the finished eyewear at their practitioner's office.

Just who do you think would be responsible for they eyewear either not fitting well, not seeing well, or not "being what I thought I had ordered" ?

Who?

WHO?

Yeah, that's right...you!

But you weren't even part of the selection process. This smacks of the same, to my eyes.

It assumes that clients, by themselves, will be intuitively be able to select optimal, bespoke eyewear at home. And, select the lens choices/additions as well.

Good luck!

Barry

Occupation
    Hi Berry,

I'm familiar with the technology you speak of. Unfortunately that organization ceased operations in the U.S a few years back. Futhermore, the virtual try on you speak of never actually made it to market. After Eyeweb's demise an existing imaging corporation in the U.S. (CyberImaging, Inc) took the technology and has made it the leading digital dispensing technology in the industry. I would suggest that before judging this technology too harshly that you once again review it with an opened mind. This virtual try on program (unlike the others) is promoted and backed by the patient's practitioner on the practitioner's own website.

Regards...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OK, Jim, I will keep an open mind!
    Will you be at VEE, so I can get a first-hand demonstration?

Barry

Occupation
    Thank you Barry. Most definitely we'll be at Vision Expo East. Our website lists all the major shows we'll be attending again in 2009. Make note that we're located in the Eyefinity/OfficeMate booth.

I'll be looking forward to our meeting.

Jim

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Barnette View Post
    Make note that we're located in the Eyefinity/OfficeMate booth.

Jim

Why?

Occupation
    We are industry partners with EyeMaginations and OfficeMate. OfficeMate is also a Distributor/Reseller of the CyberEYES Digital Dispensing Solution and the CyberEYES program is also interfaced with their PMS/EMR program.

Hope this helps.....

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Advertising belongs in the Marketplace forum, not here. Same goes for this post:

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33824

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Occupation
    Steve,

Since joining the Optiboard site I was made aware of the operating procedures for posting. I've since revisited the site rules and have paid the subscription for the Market forum. More attention will be paid to that area going forward.

Sorry for the error,

Jim

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please note: We paid for one of units two years ago. It is still on backorder.

Roy
    Last edited by Roy R. Ferguson; 02-03-2009 at 07:08 AM. Reason: font size

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Roy

(That's better)

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have no idea why the font is so small. Take out your readers!

Roy

Occupation
    Roy,

Sorry, I am not aware of this issue. I'll follow up and definitely contact you before the end of this day.

Jim

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy R. Ferguson View Post

Roy

(That's better)
    Thanks for the heads up Roy!!!

I will proceed with extreme caution!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Interesting thread.

We bought our CyberEyes unit last May and had it within a couple weeks (training is involved). We love it. I emailed them last night and received an after-hours reply. Our patients definitely like it.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As I said, it no matter what you can do with your hands, eyes and brain. It's what you appear to be. High tech probably sells as well as sex.

Only problem is you can't tell if either has any value without sampleing.

Chip
    Last edited by chip anderson; 02-04-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Humor added?

Occupation
    Allanon.....thanks for the post. Your statement aligns well with the majority of replys we receive CyberEYES clients. Have a terrific day!

Thread Information