Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling All OptiBoard Photographers (Summer/Fall 2005)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a Nikon 35mm camera.
    Last edited by Cindy Hamlin; 08-11-2006, 07:31 PM. Reason: typo
    ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy Hamlin
      I use a Nikon 33mm camera.
      I use a Nikon D70, great camera too

Comment

Originally posted by QDO1
        I use a Nikon D70, great camera too
        I think that is what I have, too. I take myself to the beach every year for a long b-day weekend and it was raining one Saturday and I went to the mall, took my film in to be developed and bought it. They had a lot of cameras on clearance and I asked the camera guy (it was Ritz Camera) if you were me and had some money to burn (bonus money left) which would be the best camera. He showed me the Nikon with the lens and it was $300 on sale...SOLD!

I have had it since April '05 and am still learning about it. I only found the macro button on the lens about 3 months ago. I could not understand why it had a close up feature and I got blurry up close. Saw the macro button and thought what is this and OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......:hammer:
        ~Cindy

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." -Catherine Aird-

Comment

You got a Nikon D70 for $300? I'm impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by spartus
            You got a Nikon D70 for $300? I'm impressed.
            Thats the one Im talking about, and it is a awsome bit of kit. I have done weddings with it, and it is pretty faultless - once you get to grips with all of the settings on it. Definatally worth ignoring the on-board flash and getting a SB800 though. I use a F70 35mm, and i love the way the lenses interchange between the 2 backs

Comment

doh - i just saw all my posted pictures dissapeared - I will sort them out later

Comment

Here is a link to some of my recent photographic work

http://www.nottspcservices.co.uk/html/photograpgy.html

By the looks of it I will be doing a lot more photographic work, and I will post pics when copyright alows

Comment

Outstanding shot of the cheauffer (sp) caught the moment perfectly!
                  "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
                  Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
                  www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Comment

My fav is the poppies. I love the colors.
                    ~Cindy

Comment

Selling photo's for charity

I have decided to try and sell some of my photographs on a stock site

My portfolio is here:

http://bigwhitebox.com/search/?folio=RichardKing

And over half the procedes from photographes sold go to charity. I will let the other photographers here know how it goes...

Any other budding photographers interested in earning money for charity are free to join in.

Comment

What a neat idea! Let us know how you do. :)

OptiBoard Administrator
                        ----
                        OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Comment

In the spring, a young girls fancy............

lightly turns to thoughts of flowers......
                          Attached Files
                          Lord Byron

Comment

Thats a really nice photo :-)

Comment

Thanks, its my granddaughter Ava (of the avatar) aged 20 months. Watching her discover things for the first time has been awesome. I think we tend to miss that, bringing up our own children. We become too busy parenting to watch that closely.Being a grandparent is the BEST!
                              Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by QDO1
                                I have decided to try and sell some of my photographs on a stock site

My portfolio is here:

http://bigwhitebox.com/search/?folio=RichardKing

And over half the procedes from photographes sold go to charity. I will let the other photographers here know how it goes...

Any other budding photographers interested in earning money for charity are free to join in.
                                Hi King,

can you please (pm) me information about this. I would be interested but I am not sure if my pictures are worthy after I saw yours. Also, what charity, or is there an option to pick?

michelle :D

Comment

Working...
                                X