Iot Alpha S45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iot Alpha S45

In your opinion which molded (semi-finished) PAL is close to the IOT Alpha S45 design?

That's kind of like asking which Opal cadet is most like a Ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by rdcoach5 View Post
      My Mom had a 1967 Opal Cadet. On the freeway, it would slow down to about 40 when we drove up a good-sized hill. She was also sort of of hippy-dippy and applied flower decals to the car's yellow body. It was not a fond memory.

The S45 is soft, so maybe something like the AO Easy is what you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
        My Mom had a 1967 Opal Cadet. On the freeway, it would slow down to about 40 when we drove up a good-sized hill. She was also sort of of hippy-dippy and applied flower decals to the car's yellow body. It was not a fond memory.

The S45 is soft, so maybe something like the AO Easy is what you're looking for.
        The Alpha S45 is a POW compensated lens design. I don't think the AO easy is in the same zip code, let alone ball park.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
          The Alpha S45 is a POW compensated lens design. I don't think the AO easy is in the same zip code, let alone ball park.
          The S45 is similar to the iDLifestyle. It is compensated, but the DV is limited. The H45 gives better DV and better NV, but the intermediate channel is smaller. I do agree that there is no comparison to AO Easy.

IMO, the Zeiss Energize Me is a better option over the S45.
          I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
            O

I agree, but the original poster was asking about semi-finished lenses "close to the IOT S45 design." I know the S45 is an extra-fancy backside lens, etc., but I took from original post the peyes wants something soft like the S45. To me, it seems the original poster has a surfacing lab but not free-form surfacing and wants to stock a soft progressive lens design.

Comment

Originally posted by rdcoach5 View Post
              I loved the Opal Cadet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randle Tibbs, ABOM View Post
                I loved the Opal Cadet!!!!
                It has to be a different type of Opal Cadet from the type my Mom owned. That said, I learned to drive in a lime/puke green Chevette,and I loved that POS.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                  It has to be a different type of Opal Cadet from the type my Mom owned. That said, I learned to drive in a lime/puke green Chevette,and I loved that POS.
                  Opal Cadet GT

Comment

Originally posted by Randle Tibbs, ABOM View Post
                    Opal Cadet GT
                    Opel Kadett B -- with the 1.1L engine. Gutless.

The Cadet GT looks like a pretty cool car.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Kadett_B

Comment

Opel not Opal Adam Opel is the name of the founder of the company, later became Germanic nobles "Von Opel"

Comment

Working...
                      X