Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major Frustration (over and above usual Davis Vision annoyances)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry Major Frustration (over and above usual Davis Vision annoyances)

Has anyone else experienced the inability to get a hold of a real person at Davis for remakes etc. It took a total of
    3 days and over 2 hours on hold o call in a simpl rx redo?...This is new in 2018.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes, its gotten much worse. I'm taking a guess at this, but average hold times are 30-45 minutes to get someone (I have broken 90 minutes on hold) to get someone. And not only that, once you get someone it seems like they're a trainee and they have to ask someone for an answer, so I end up with another 5-10 minutes of hold time once I finally reach someone. There used to be a direct phone number for the Philadelphia (Newton Square) lab so that you could check your lab status directly at the lab, but now that number just redirects to the order department.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    when you call them you are not getting a Davis Rep, you are getting basically someone who writes the info down and passes it to order entry. I had a grove size and send get redone seven times, because, they kept never putting the groove in.
    the best is when you call provider relations they put you on to order entry who then transfers you back to provider relations,
    It is horrible, i hate it. and the kicker is, you can't complain because no body their cares.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    this is what "supervisor" said...it's out of our hands..no one cares

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    besides dropping them, which is not my decision to make, so please leave that out as a response if that is the only advice, what are our options as providers?

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManDan View Post
    besides dropping them, which is not my decision to make, so please leave that out as a response if that is the only advice, what are our options as providers?
    And "It is horrible, i hate it. and the kicker is, you can't complain because no body their cares" and apparently no one in your organization cares ether.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This makes me glad I left my old office which was a Davis provider. Loving my new no Davis, no essilux location. I remember sending an email to Davis when I was at my old location and couldn't get through to them. I got an automatic response and ended up getting a ton of optical junk emails. The only advice I can give is to call your rep when you have a remake and can't get through.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    You have a regional Davis Rep, idk how you can manage to get their contact info, but when we brought our problems to her attention it got wayyyyy better.

Definitely do not try saying "Davis Vision" into a bathroom mirror x3 times, they will not magically appear.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    This makes me glad I left my old office which was a Davis provider. Loving my new no Davis, no essilux location. I remember sending an email to Davis when I was at my old location and couldn't get through to them. I got an automatic response and ended up getting a ton of optical junk emails. The only advice I can give is to call your rep when you have a remake and can't get through.
    I left an office that was a Davis provider, where I had spent years trying to get the owner to drop it. I ended up at an office that didn't take Davis, which was a relief, but the practice was a bad fit for me and I moved on to a better job, where I am now. Unfortunately, this new place is again a Davis provider. Here's the twist: the first place finally dropped Davis a few months after I left, and because they are literally a stone's throw from my new practice, I'm now seeing a huge influx of Davis patients--my old patients from the place down the hill. FML.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I left an office that was a Davis provider, where I had spent years trying to get the owner to drop it. I ended up at an office that didn't take Davis, which was a relief, but the practice was a bad fit for me and I moved on to a better job, where I am now. Unfortunately, this new place is again a Davis provider. Here's the twist: the first place finally dropped Davis a few months after I left, and because they are literally a stone's throw from my new practice, I'm now seeing a huge influx of Davis patients--my old patients from the place down the hill. FML.
    That sucks!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    That sucks!
    But is also hilarious.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    seriously, you guys should get a law suit against them. Sue them for negligence with the damages being the wasted hourly rates for employees that have to spend time facilitating redo jobs, getting hold of them over the phone, lost client because they think it's you screwing up, not the Davis lab.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaketull View Post
    seriously, you guys should get a law suit against them. Sue them for negligence with the damages being the wasted hourly rates for employees that have to spend time facilitating redo jobs, getting hold of them over the phone, lost client because they think it's you screwing up, not the Davis lab.
    I would love to see someone do this!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I'm in

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would love to see someone do this!
    I too would love to see this get laughed out of every lawyers office.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If there was a class action lawsuit for every company that had long hold times and gave you bad customer service, there wouldn't be a cable company in business

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    HAHAHA!! So true! I hated working with Davis vision at my practice. I did everything that I could online. I tried to just take their customer service department out of the equation completely. I just kept track of all my invoice numbers from original jobs and remakes, all my packing slips, any thing I could use to prove my case to my employer on the terrible service given there and what I needed to prove that I was doing my job correctly.

What I did find to be helpful was most of our Davis clientele were current and retired UAW workers who LOVE LOVE LOVE to complain to their union benefit reps. A few of them caused a pretty big stink and within a few weeks I had a direct line to a supervisor and my own personal Davis rep. I still do what I can online, but this has been a big help.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ME TOO!!!!!!..Im figuring if the complaint volume keeps rising, the employers will eventually get involved...I personally am having my patients register
    a complaint not only with Davis..but with their human resources department.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    ME TOO!!!!!!..Im figuring if the complaint volume keeps rising, the employers will eventually get involved...I personally am having my patients register
    a complaint not only with Davis..but with their human resources department.
    This is they key to changing things here. Get the Members to rally against Davis, have them get their pitch forks and torches out.
    As i explain to them i am just the provider if we call we basically are told to go pound sand. If members call they get what ever they want pretty much.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Has anybody ever called and gotten a reply form a field rep.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jpways View Post
    If there was a class action lawsuit for every company that had long hold times and gave you bad customer service, there wouldn't be a cable company in business
    Cable companies have been sued plenty. They have the money to continue surviving. It’s also a difference between poor customer service and costly negligence.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Has anybody ever called and gotten a reply form a field rep.
    i want this to happen so badly. Poor guy/girl would get crucified.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I have officially been on hold for and HOUR with, trying to talk to someone. I feel like such schmuck.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    1 hour 11 minutes on hold. is that a record or can anyone else beat it.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    1 hour 11 minutes on hold. is that a record or can anyone else beat it.
    3 months...that's how long they made me stay a provider after I signed the termination papers.

Thread Information