Thread: Decorum

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Decorum

Peeps,

Ask yourself this. Why are you here? We are all in the same industry. We might be direct competitors. We might be enemies. We might be friends. Regardless, we are here to help each other, share experiences and ideas, and even blast each other at times, BUT we are here mostly to assist each other with our findings and get help with issues from the gurus and experts as needed.
    I have been a member here for a short duration compared to many, and at this time, I am considering leaving this group. Why? Lack of decorum and common decency.
    Sure, there are some here that we don't always agree with.

There is a right and wrong way to call that out. Personal attacks is not the way to address this. I am sick of seeing these idiotic one-upsmanship attacks on fellow OptiBoarders. I enjoy this forum and have learned quite a bit in my short time here. At the same time, I hope that my contribution has helped others. There is so much experience and wisdom to be had, as well as engaging disagreements. This is par for the course in opticianry. We will all agree to disagree at times.
    Attacking each other is not beneficial. And we all wonder why our industry is in flux.

As Thumper once said, "If you can't say sumfin nice, don't say nuttin at all"

We are here to learn from each other, vent about the industry, see what's new and exciting, feed off of each other, and to grow our business.

I hope you take this to heart. You know who you are. Enough said.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Ask yourself this. Why are you here? .....................................

Quote Originally Posted by lensmanmd View Post

Ask yourself this. Why are you here? We are all in the same industry. We might be direct competitors. We might be enemies. We might be friends. Regardless, we are here to help each other, share experiences and ideas, and even blast each other at times, BUT we are here mostly to assist each other with our findings and get help with issues from the gurus and experts as needed.
    I have been a member here for a short duration compared to many, and at this time, I am considering leaving this group. Why? Lack of decorum and common decency.

There is a right and wrong way to call that out. Personal attacks is not the way to address this. I am sick of seeing these idiotic one-upsmanship attacks on fellow OptiBoarders. I enjoy this forum and have learned quite a bit in my short time here. At the same time, I hope that my contribution has helped others. There is so much experience and wisdom to be had, as well as engaging disagreements. This is par for the course in opticianry. We will all agree to disagree at times.

Attacking each other is not beneficial. And we all wonder why our industry is in flux.

We are here to learn from each other, vent about the industry, see what's new and exciting, feed off of each other, and to grow our business.

Thank you Lensmanmd for your post which was a badly needed one at this time, and you have made a good opening for a badly needed theme, that needs some discussion.

We all make some good posts, but also some not so god ones. However, some individuals will criticize whatever you write.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Hear, hear.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Peeps,

+1

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +2

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Within a few months of joining this special (well for me anyway) site I realized you needed a thick skin as often as not- as posting was/is often fraught with potential problems mostly related to being judged by others be it fairly or not.

To me life is too short to worry about what others here think of me- so I keep posting while always trying to live my life by The Golden Rule.

Got to go. My Mahout is poking me.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 03-06-2019 at 03:52 PM. Reason: oopps spelling...

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I want a Mahoot, whatever it is
    Don't let a billy goat guard your cabbage patch.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbanting69 View Post
    I want a Mahoot, whatever it is
    +1

Occupation

Redhot Jumper see Apache Mahout. ..........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

Got to go. My Mahout is poking me.

...................................From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to searchFor the machine learning project, see Apache Mahout.

An image of the elephant keeper in India riding his elephant from Tashrih al-aqvam (1825).

Mahout with a young elephant at Elephant Nature Park, Thailand

A young Elephant and his Mahout, Kerala, India

A mahout is an elephant rider, trainer, or keeper.[1] Usually, a mahout starts as a boy in the family profession when he is assigned an elephant early in its life. They remain bonded to each other throughout their lives.[2]

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Peeps,

Opinions are like a$$hole$, everybody has one.

There are a few good souls on here, but have to agree the intensity of criticism (non-constructive) as of late has certainly tarnished the ability to ask a good question or share a good experience without getting a harsh counter attack - just ask Chris Ryser.

A simple polite rebuttal would rather be welcome and preferred.

Lensmanmd, there's an ole Latin saying so hang in there and don't stop contributing positive posts:

'Illegitimi Non Carborundum'

A reminder that when times get tough..."don't let the ba$tard$ grind you down!"

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I rescind my post. Don't need or want to be a mahout. Thanks Chris.
    Don't let a billy goat guard your cabbage patch.

Occupation

Blue Jumper There are a few good souls on here, ......................................

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

Opinions are like a$$hole$, everybody has one.

There are a few good souls on here, but have to agree the intensity of criticism (non-constructive) as of late has certainly tarnished the ability to ask a good question or share a good experience without getting a harsh counter attack - just ask Chris Ryser.

A simple polite rebuttal would rather be welcome and preferred.

Lensmanmd, there's an ole Latin saying so hang in there and don't stop contributing positive posts:

'Illegitimi Non Carborundum'

A reminder that when times get tough..."don't let the ba$tard$ grind you down!"

Thank you my friend................................this is not the first time you have popped up with a good solution to some problem.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Bump...
    To the top.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper We are here to learn from each other,...........................................

.........................................................and here is the actual message again for the ones that missed it

Thread Information