Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pants on Fires!

Banned
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Pants on Fires!

FIRE!!

On September 24, 2009, Speaker Pelosi said she was "absolutely" committed to posting the final health care bill online for 72 hours before it would be voted on. But now, she is trying to force her health care bill through the House without posting it for the American public to read. That's why we need to take action today.

Let Freedom Ring has put together an ad exposing Speaker Pelosi's blatant flip-flop. Now we need your help to get it out.

Please watch this video, share it with your friends and family and make a donation to help Let Freedom Ring broadcast it and fight back against this government takeover of our health care.
    Last edited by gemstone; 11-07-2009 at 12:44 PM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I see the tea-bagger element is alive and well.

Banned
    Occupation
    Yes. Always willing and ready to stick up for your freedom.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you for advocating for the freedom to have affordable health care in a sustainable system, because the system we have now is not sustainable. It's high time we fixed it and I don't care if Attila the Hun is spearheading the effort.

It is a fact that the average American family spends more on health care than it does on housing and food combined.
    It is a fact that health care costs are the single largest cause of personal bankruptcies.

This is as OUTRAGEOUS as it is embarassing.

Don't Blame Me, I voted for OBAMA to straighten out the mess made by BOTH political parties who were paid by the insurance industry to maintain the status quo. Change is occuring .......if you can't help in this effort, get the hell out of the way!
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson View Post
    Thank you for advocating for the freedom to have affordable health care in a sustainable system, because the system we have now is not sustainable. It's high time we fixed it and I don't care if Attila the Hun is spearheading the effort.

This is as OUTRAGEOUS as it is embarassing.

, get the hell out of the way!
    If you think YOUR government provided health care is going to be more affordable and still be the best in the world, you have some serious delusions. I will be at the polls this upcoming election to help insure the "change".

ABO-AC, NCLE-AC, LDO-NV bob_f_aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A lack of planning on your part DOES NOT constitute an emergency on mine!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Speaking of serious delusions........

Quote Originally Posted by gemstone View Post
    If you think YOUR government provided health care is going to be more affordable and still be the best in the world, you have some serious delusions. I will be at the polls this upcoming election to help insure the "change".

If you think health care in the United States is the best in the world, you should check some statistics.
    Lord Byron

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    As a nurse I can say that the US system is not the best in the world. At least 3 countries have better systems than ours and they are all government funded.

:cheers:

Banned
    Occupation
    We'll soon find out.
    Guess it's time to be optimistic now.
    No more $300 eye exams. No more charging for lasik be the RX. No more $700 eyeglasses. (Wonder if this will hurt the on line guys.) No more "Do you take my insurance?"
    Last edited by gemstone; 11-08-2009 at 01:05 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    As a nurse I can say that the US system is not the best in the world. At least 3 countries have better systems than ours and they are all government funded.

Which three country's are you referring to?

Banned
    Occupation
    If you think health care in the United States is the best in the world, you should check some statistics.
    Link?

Banned
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by obxeyeguy View Post
    Which three country's are you referring to?

...crickets...:cheers:

Occupation
    ...crickets...:cheers:
    I've been taking a nap!!!!!!

Sweden, Switzerland(sp), and Japan. I think I heard others mentioned too, but was being harrased by a fly or something at the time. This is from a lecture at the Mayo Clinic. Isreal and Belgium also have very good public systems as well as private ones, I've used both of these.
    Last edited by Jacqui; 11-08-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added, Deleted, Multiplied

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Sweden, Switzerland(sp), and Japan. I think I heard others mentioned too, but was being harrased by a fly or something at the time. This is from a lecture at the Mayo Clinic. Isreal and Belgium also have very good public systems as well as private ones, I've used both of these.
    ...snap! ;)

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

As a full-time nurse?

I have many (full-time) nurses (3 sisters, mother, 4 sister-inlaws) in my family, as well as doctors (2 brother-in-laws), and they all agree that while it has flaws, they would not want to be treated in any country but the US.

Here in Ohio, we have princes, kings, and rulers that travel from around the globe for treatment...in the same hosptial that admits the homeless and uninsured free of charge.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    As a full-time nurse?

I have many (full-time) nurses (3 sisters, mother, 4 sister-inlaws) in my family, as well as doctors (2 brother-in-laws), and they all agree that while it has flaws, they would not want to be treated in any country but the US.

Here in Ohio, we have princes, kings, and rulers that travel from around the globe for treatment...in the same hosptial that admits the homeless and uninsured free of charge.
    I know full time nurses who have worked in the US and would disagree with that (after working here)

thing is, working in health care administration, I have become ill with reading the media being published in your nation. What the politicians and media are saying are mostly all lies. If you want to learn about what health care REALLY is in other nations and how health care is in public funded systems, you have to get out of the US and learn about it from non-American sources.

This junk about death panels and over-exaggeration of wait times and that one fat girl from Canada who lied about her condition that the Republicans are using, well they just are not credible.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Not as many as we have in Boston...........

Prepare yourself for Jaqui's credentials! Not that they are germaine to this discussion. The statistics on things like infant mortality, obesity, heart disease per thousand, and geriatrics etc, simply to not bear out the claim that this system is the best. It's not. Gemstone wanted links and I've neither the time nor the inclination to research that which I have heard over the past 20 years. Rather, I would rather see the statistics which show our system to be the best in the world. Fact is that they are not there.
    Lord Byron

Banned
    Occupation
    prepare yourself for jaqui's credentials! Not that they are germaine to this discussion. The statistics on things like infant mortality, obesity, heart disease per thousand, and geriatrics etc, simply to not bear out the claim that this system is the best. It's not. Gemstone wanted links and i've neither the time nor the inclination to research that which i have heard over the past 20 years. Rather, i would rather see the statistics which show our system to be the best in the world. Fact is that they are not there.
    link! Please.

Banned
    Occupation

From someone that claims to tell the difference between ground and decentered prism. Ha Ha Ha!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Having a little trouble understanding me?

link! Please.

Having a little trouble understanding me? It seemed clear enough to me.
    Lord Byron

Occupation
    I am assuming that you are talking about the Cleveland Clinic (excellent hospital). The Mayo Clinic here does the same thing, as wll as teaching MDs, nurses, and techs from around the world.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

Now where's your link showing us to be the best.
    And please, nothing from Fox News.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    link! Please.
    Infant Mortality Rate - US Ranks 33 on one list and 46 on the other
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mortality_rate

Obesity - US ranks #1
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...health-obesity

Heart Disease - US did not rank bad here at 13
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/he...disease-deaths

Costs - US = Most Expensive
    http://www.kff.org/insurance/snapshot/chcm010307oth.cfm

Life Expectancy - US ranks 34
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ife_expectancy

Occupation
    Johns, Gemstone and others, you should take Forlife's advice. I've worked in countries with the world's best systems and in countries with almost no professional medical care, it has all be enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life View Post
    I know full time nurses who have worked in the US and would disagree with that (after working here)

thing is, working in health care administration, I have become ill with reading the media being published in your nation. What the politicians and media are saying are mostly all lies. If you want to learn about what health care REALLY is in other nations and how health care is in public funded systems, you have to get out of the US and learn about it from non-American sources.

This junk about death panels and over-exaggeration of wait times and that one fat girl from Canada who lied about her condition that the Republicans are using, well they just are not credible.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Johns, Gemstone and others, you should take Forlife's advice. I've worked in countries with the world's best systems and in countries with almost no professional medical care, it has all be enlightening.

Is the discussion about how good our hospital systems are, or access to then? What congress seems to be addressing is allowing more folks to access our ("rotten/2nd rate") system. How will getting more people into the system, at lower reimbursement rates to the providers and institutions, going to improve it?

We've got more people driving cars than ever, paying more taxes than ever, and we can't maintain our roads. And they're going to now improve our healthcare system? Right...

I guess I live in an area that is different from the rest of the country. Like I mentioned; I work in a hospital that takes anyone, from any walk of life, with no regards to their ability to pay, and gives them treatment.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Thread Information