New edger recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdeimler View Post
    Mr. Blue is very finicky. Water rusts the spindles and enters the GMD, forcing premature failure of the unit. That said, the milling feature is great...when is works properly.
    Essilor are currently releasing a new generation GMD which has no water penetration problems.This should be available to exsisting owners as an upgrade.

Comment

I have been told my Kappa Edger needs a new arm (5K). Having it installed is an unreal amount that is completely out of the question. Has anyone ever installed one - was it difficult (my husband is very mechanical)? I priced Mr Blue and am not satisfied with my current edger's trade-in value. What edger does the group suggest (if I am not able to repair my current one)? Should I buy a new Kappa - and if so, should I look at a used one from Leo?

Comment

Definitely see what Leo at VSI can do for you. I would however look at either a Santinelli 9000 or a N.O. Horizon 6 or 7

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqui View Post
          Definitely see what Leo at VSI can do for you. I would however look at either a Santinelli 9000 or a N.O. Horizon 6 or 7
          I see that you suggest a N. O. Horizon 6 or 7.

I believe that they are owned by Essilor. Wouldn't that go against your signature line?

Comment

Originally posted by Fezz View Post
            I see that you suggest a N. O. Horizon 6 or 7.

I believe that they are owned by Essilor. Wouldn't that go against your signature line?
            I'm not against a pre-Essilor machine. All H 6's and a lot of H 7's were made before the takeover. I'm thinking about buying a Horizon 3 and it doesn't really bother me.

Comment

No edgers made in Italy.
              Last edited by OpticalDude; 04-10-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Optomitrix Prime View Post
                If this cost under 25k for part and shipping i would definitely purchase from Italy!
                - until then I'm gonna stick to my reliable 7070pcm!
                no edgers made in Italy

Comment

Originally posted by OpticalDude View Post
                  no edgers made in Italy
                  MEI is

Comment

Kappa over a 9000 any day of the week. I don't believe they even make 9000’s anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacqui View Post
                      MEI is
                      Dang, I should have been more clear on this I guess, COUNTER TOP edger, or an edger that fits this actual discussion, an edger a Doctor will buy, a non-robotic CNC edger under 1ook.

Or did you miss the fact that I was pocking at the person who actually thinks the Santinelli is made in Italy instead of Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by OpticalDude View Post

Or did you miss the fact that I was pocking at the person who actually thinks the Santinelli is made in Italy instead of Japan.
                        Probably

Comment

I would look at a Weco 580 or 680 from ATI, very happy with mine. AIT has great support, and Matt is pretty knowledgeable. Its not has advanced as the Santinelli, but I am willing to give up 5% in potential for 30% less in cost.

Originally posted by kbodum View Post
                          I have been told my Kappa Edger needs a new arm (5K). Having it installed is an unreal amount that is completely out of the question. Has anyone ever installed one - was it difficult (my husband is very mechanical)? I priced Mr Blue and am not satisfied with my current edger's trade-in value. What edger does the group suggest (if I am not able to repair my current one)? Should I buy a new Kappa - and if so, should I look at a used one from Leo?

Comment

I have used both Santinelli & AIT edgers & pleased with the performance of both. They are both user friendly & the finished work is great. We are using the AIT exclusively now. The tech support has been great. I know if you go direct or deal with Leo @ VSI, you will be pleased. Chris

Comment

Originally posted by newboy View Post
                              Essilor are currently releasing a new generation GMD which has no water penetration problems.This should be available to exsisting owners as an upgrade.
                              I wonder if they are going to change it for free here!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by LENNY View Post
                                I wonder if they are going to change it for free here!?!?
                                They should.

Comment

Working...
                                X