Measure twice, order once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me Lab's for I have sinned...

I too occasionally send a, shall we say, challenge to our labs.

Anyone know why I earn the sobriquet "Lightning" Fester when I do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fester View Post
      Forgive me Lab's for I have sinned...

I too occasionally send a, shall we say, challenge to our labs.

Anyone know why I earn the sobriquet "Lightning" Fester when I do this?
      Challenging is one thing. I like challenges.
      Impossible is another. The RD22 was only available to us in a 65mm blank.
      I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by NAICITPO View Post
        At some point you have to tell the customer no, if you cannot do that what are you even doing?
        I loved telling them no, when I'd dispense, back in the lab so i don't deal with pts anymore

Comment

Originally posted by lensmanmd View Post
          Challenging is one thing. I like challenges.
          Impossible is another. The RD22 was only available to us in a 65mm blank.
          So set the edger a millimeter larger!

(yes- this is a joke)

Comment

The other day I, a former surfacing lab manager, sold a FT polar lens to fit in the patient's own frame- the Oakley SplitShot... which has a 64 eye and 71 ED.

What was I thinking?? I would need over an 80 PD for that to make cut out... *sigh I had to take full blame when the lab called to tell us it wouldn't make cut out. Thankfully, he had another frame he was willing to use so we saved the sale, only lost some time, but he was really cool about it. I think I was more upset than he was!

If I would have been in my right mind, I would have had no problem telling him the issue- I simply didn't think of it. Apparently a year out of the biz was enough to throw me off my game!
            Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

Originally posted by Quince View Post
              The other day I, a former surfacing lab manager, sold a FT polar lens to fit in the patient's own frame- the Oakley SplitShot... which has a 64 eye and 71 ED.

What was I thinking?? I would need over an 80 PD for that to make cut out... *sigh I had to take full blame when the lab called to tell us it wouldn't make cut out. Thankfully, he had another frame he was willing to use so we saved the sale, only lost some time, but he was really cool about it. I think I was more upset than he was!

If I would have been in my right mind, I would have had no problem telling him the issue- I simply didn't think of it. Apparently a year out of the biz was enough to throw me off my game!
              Possibly a 69 NPD would have worked, though.......in a 80mm blank
              I bend light. That is what I do.

Comment

Working...
              X