Hi everyone!

I am working on a project that spun out of my PhD research at Stanford that I am hoping to get some feedback on. We've developed very small and low-power eye tracking systems that can measure a patient's gaze statistics over several days of natural wear in a privacy preserving manner. This data can include a lot of things, from a histogram of the user’s gaze distance to the spatial utilization of their progressive lens and even some behavioral metrics, such as time spent reading or looking at a screen and the accompanying distance. We think it might be useful in a wide range of settings: helping to select or fit custom and/or individualized progressive lenses, illustrate an opportunity for a presbyopic patient to upgrade to a task-specific secondary correction, screen for dry eye or other underdiagnosed conditions, or evaluate the real-world progress of vision therapy patients outside the lab.

I am hoping to talk through some aspects of our system with others in the ECP community. If anyone is interested in lending an ear and getting on a short call, I would appreciate it. Feel free to private message me if you are interested!

Best,
Robert