With all the rhetoric being expoused on this board about Licensing
Or to Certify I discovered a couple of definitions I thought are appropriate. Since we will never get all the states to agree on a single national license then we have to take the bull by the horn and lead the way. Another words we Opticians need to get off our backsides and form this thing ourselfs. As it says below certification is voluntary licensing is mandatory in States that license. All you in unlicensed States need to lead the way. I don't believe the OAA will cut it. I have watched it for thirty years and also a member for many of those years and nothing was accomplished. So where do we start?

Definitions Below:
Licensing is an activity carried out by a state government to regulate activities within its borders, according to the Opticians Association of America.

Certification , on the other hand, is a voluntary activity. The decision to become certified is made by the individual (although many employers now require their dispensing employees to be certified). The ABO and NCLE provide the only nationally recognized credential for Opticianry. Licensing is conducted by a state in the public interest; certification is conducted by a profession principally in the interest of its individual certificants.