Hello-
First post, 35 year optician lab monkey.

Looking to get some kind of idea about the price ranges of free form systems out there. I work in a small 2 store practice, owned by 3 doctors. One doctor is close to retiring and wants to keep the status quo. The other 2 are looking at a Zeiss bill that increases monthly and want to reduce the cost of goods. Zeiss bill is yearly around $400k with roughly 60%AR and 40% non AR

I want to propose to them gettting into free form for the non AR stuff, let Zeiss do the AR stuff even though Ithink our yearly bill could warrant installing AR. But, I don't want to get in too deep.

I don't get to go to Vision Expo to get prices on these things, "Scotty" usually has to stay home and monitor the "Enterprise". AND you can't find prices just anywhere.

Before I make a complete *** of myself, I'm trying to get some basic info at what I'm looking at. Have a Coburn SGX lab, 15 years old. Thiking of getting a system to do the non ARfree form we let Zeiss do and also start doing private label free form for the stuff we currently use conventional progressives, reduce inventory and cost.

I get the impression, maybe falsely, that Coburn is probably the least expensive route to go with the European companies pricier. Not looking for hard numbers, just ballpark estimates from some with more experience. Thx in advance and I look forward to our conversation!