Most frames I sell have frame depths of 35-45mm. For frames of 35mm I usually have a fitting height of 22-23mm with 14mm corridors (center of pupil) or 19-22 with 10mm corridors (center pupil -2mm). I never go lower than 18-19mm.

My question is: am I fitting too high? A 23mm height in a 35mm frame only leaves 12mm for distance which seems very limited. On the other hand some clients have complained that reading is difficult when fit lower than pupil center with 14mm corridors. I try to avoid short corridors unless for low adds, high myopia, very short vertex distance (11mm or less) or people who are used to them.

I only lower the seg height to center pupil -1/2mm for tall people, truck/bus drivers and short corridors (10mm). Are there any other exceptions? What about large vertex distances (15-16mm)?

I get very little returns but I have the feeling that a lot of people with complaints do not return. I also work in different locations so it's hard to obtain feedback from most of my clients. This is very frustrating because my fittings could be nothing more than adequate while I always do my best to aim for perfection.

We only sell Hoya lenses (Summit CD/Pro, ID Lifestyle and Mystyle) which are all 4 drop and have corridor lengths of either 10 or 14mm.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.