I am a retired optometrist. Been retired since about 2000, so I am not current on the most recent PAL designs. I am a +3.00 hyperope with a +2.50 add. Am still wearing my old Zeiss Gradal Tops because they were always perfect for all my distances, and never gave me any swimminess. No feeling of distortion whatsoever. After the GT was discontinued, I tried the GT2 with no success. Apparently I prefer the longer corridor of the GT.

I understand that the newer frames that have a narrower vertical dimension have forced lens designers to go to shorter corridor lengths, but that is why I have kept my old frames! I am 71, with osteopenia, so I really don't want to get off balance or get tripped up. A fall could be disastrous at this point in my life.

Having already proven myself quite successful for years with the GT, at a +2.50 add, I won't accept the suggestion that I should suddenly switch to separate glasses for distance and reading.

So what is the current closest equivalent to the Zeiss Gradal Top? Brand and model suggestions please!