Thread: Essilor Kappa CTD - Edger error A 03 %9 and OPSYS software

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Confused Essilor Kappa CTD - Edger error A 03 %9 and OPSYS software

I have just bought a second-hand Essilor Kappa CTD machine, manufactured in 2008. I have succesfully set up the machine and connected the Tracer and the Edger modules. The Tracer works perfectly, when performing an auto diagnosis all tests check OK. However, the Edger does not start up properly, it displays an error message: Error "A 03 %9". In the manual (attached image) it says that this is a Lens Holder movement error. The lens holder does in deed not move at all, the machine just makes a sound as if it tried to move the lens holder but it is stuck, and the lightbulb inside the lens edging chamber flickers. I also tried the steps described in the manual and when performing a diagnosis on the Edger, the Lens Holder test fails. The Grinding Wheel test also fails, although the wheel spins properly.

Is it possible that the machine had a restraining bolt fitted in order to prevent its parts moving doring transport? I could find no indications of such a bolt in the manual, does anyone know if this machine comes with such a bolt installed?

Could there be such a bolt fitted to the machine, that might cause the Lens Holder error? If so where is it located (a diagram would be great)?

I also wish to ask if someone might have a copy of the Essilor OPSYS Software Suite, required in order to connect the Tracer to a PC via a COM / Serial interface. I spent a lot of time searching for this software on the internet, but it appears that it is quite old and it is not available anywhere for downloading. I believe this software was included on a CD or floppy disk in the blue box accompanying the machine.

Does anyone have a copy of the OPSYS software for sale, or know of a website that can provide a download link?

I thank You all in advance and wish You a great weekend and Happy Easter!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Thread Information