Hey everyone,

Our office has been having a recent issue of fitting the Zeiss SV Individual on OC. Patients seem to be lifting their chin to see clearly. I spoke with Joe, The lab manager at Zeiss - Montclair, regarding this issue. He told me many accounts are adding 4 mm to the OC height, due to the SV lens having a 4 mm drop. So, ultimately raising the OC ht by 4 mm would solve the issue. But, why should I have to "fudge" the OC ht at all? Other manufacturer's like Hoya are OC, without any drop.

Also, anyone having trouble with the Zeiss Individual 2 progressive and the popular P3 lens shapes with 40mm B Box as example? The variable corridor is too long and the patients cannot reach the add power fast enough without lifting the frame or tilting their heads back, when marked at pupil center. The lab manager at Zeiss said his solution would be to raise the seg ht by 2 mm to bring the add power up for faster acceleration.
I would never raise a seg ht on a progressive. I would prefer to use a fixed progressive design and control exactly where the add power is located and specify my corridor length.

**He said he does not recommend any of these fitting changes, but he had his accounts having problems with both of these lenses and that is how they have solved the issue.

As of right now, I have no confidence in Zeiss's lenses and fitting procedures. So, what do you guys think? Help?