Hello, first time poster here! Web browser was kind enough to log me out and delete my first attempt at posting this, so let's try again.

I received a text last week from my cousin that her daughter, who I believe is turning one this month, needs glasses. The baby's vision insurance does not start until January, so she came to me first as I have some discounts I can give her.

However, when I sent her a photo of the baby/toddler frames we carry, which are essentially just itty bitty glasses with comfort cable temples, she responded that she had more of a goggle style in mind, where the frame fits snuggly around the baby's head, which we do not carry. Is there a benefit of one type over the other? I imagine the goggle style seems more secure - I'm sure we're all aware of the obsession babies have with removing glasses and I doubt their own faces are the exception - but I haven't worked with them myself and want to know the pros and cons of different frame styles.

Cost aside, I'd rather send her to another location if they're going to have the product she needs. On that note, any recommendations for the Rhode Island/Connecticut area on opticians experienced with fitting our littlest patients? Worse comes to worse, I can still buy her a backup pair from our shop, which would cost me a whopping $30 (if I skip the AR coating, which I feel is a good move given how fast these things are going to be scuffed up - lots of fearless, adventurous babies in my bloodline).

Any input is appreciated! I don't have her Rx as I'm more concerned about the frame part for right now, but I can get it if needed.