I have a serious question; am I getting punked? Is Ashton Kutcher sitting there silently laughing while listening to my repeated calls? Because this is ridiculous.

In one order, three frames in a row, when I opened the case and removed the frame, the lenses fell out of the frame. Not a single order has been edged properly, I asked for polished high luster edges and they come with plastic curls still on the ragged edge. When I order "Edged lenses only" or do a scratch coat NOT ONE pair of lenses actually fit the frame they were meant for; some are too big and some are too small. I have one order that I've been waiting for for TWO MONTHS, the frame came mangled and screws stripped with lenses falling out so I had them do it again, they sent me a packing slip for a replacement frame and sent it in. I spoke to the lab manager who assured me that she would follow it through and rush it to me. TEN DAYS later I called for an update and they said they hadn't started on it yet but they would rush it to me. That was a week ago, yesterday they called for a description of the frame so they could find it. I literally asked them if they were using "unskilled child labor"!

I had a carbon fiber/wood OVVO frame that I sent in that they broke. Instead of shipping them another one, I opted to have them use that one for a pattern and just send me the edged lenses. Again, speaking to the manager I said, "be sure it is precisely cut, edged and polished high luster edges. The groove must be perfect." Guess what I got! Not polished edges, didn't fit in the frame and a crooked groove. It looked like it had been done by a 12 year old with a dremel tool. I'm at a loss... are they punking me?

I ordered lenses for a rimless Silhouette frame using the shape number, previous order number for shape and drilling pattern and asked for polished high luster edges. The first one they just deleted the order which I didn't discover until a few days later when they sent me an email, so I sent it again with detailed instructions about edging, drilling and polished high luster. So the lenses came today, uncut lens blanks with POLISHED EDGES!!!! I... I'm at a loss... I find myself calling and asking for supervisors with stacks of redos in hand.

I love my job, I get to help people see every day... Davis makes me want to quit. This sucks.