Does anyone know of a place (school, online, etc...) where I can get training and hands on experience using Zemax lens design software? I tried thier 30 day free trial (the full package is ~$10k) but the learning curve with the software is steep and 30 days with limited functionality isn't cutting it. The software company doesn't list any site training classes that I saw. And the only places I found where they had classes using Zemax was the graduate programs at Arizona State Univ and other similar programs. I'm not enrolling in that obviously. I have a solid background and degree in science, physics, and light physics so I just want to move on in the field of light physics and lens design. My formal education is in Chemistry so I can't find a job in lens design that would train me using Zemax so thats not an option either. Its too bad that it appears the education, economic system has no room or tolerance for self motivated and self capable learners for advanced subjects. Must follow the Prussian learning method and pay xxx amount of dollars to play the game (my hat tip to Sal Khan).