I just had a client who bought an authentic Costa RX in SV last summer and he wants a progressive in that frame. POF is not listed on the new price list and after waiting on hold for 4 minutes was told the client can get a $40.00 retail credit off the $729.00 glasses for using his own frame that is less than 7 months old.
I emailed the person in charge of the program and he confirmed the madness; the patient might want to donate his old pair to charity instead of the lousy $40.00.

I am all for selling new frames and charging top prices, but this is crazy and arrogant to me! They gave this crazy lifetime warranty, now they will **** off the folks who spent the most money.

This just means we will put everyone of these jobs in another lens and Costa will not get paid for this one and the client will never buy a Costa RX again. We can use a Costa frame and be able to get lenses changed out at a fair price of only $600.00.

I actually get to look like a hero and make more money on every order, but that is not the point! Costa does not tell you this until it happens to your customer.

Craig