Quote Originally Posted by GokhanSF View Post
Maybe your office will do better if you pay a good optician who can drive in patients and increase your profit with their sales ability. I know brand new offices who are seeing way more than 5 patients a day. It all comes to your previous connections, marketing, and your staff. I live in Northern California and will not move my hand for less than $50K base plus bonuses a year. Lenscrafters here pays between 50K and 65K for their managers. I worked at an high-end optical shop before which had 6 full time licensed opticians, all making over $25 an hour.

It all depends on where you live. I know opticians who work in or near New York City that make 70k per year but when you figure in cost of living there it all evens out. A good optician can worth his weight in gold but most OD's or MD's don't view it like that. As I've said before MD's and OD's are the worst for paying there opticians. I once had an MD I was working who would not give his front end people .50 cents more for sending people to the optical shop. He said they are already given a salary they should be happy to send people for free. At the time they were making minimum wage.