It's nice to talk about other subjects now and again than than Optics, after all we do spend all day at it!

We've been through our musical interests, we're now hearing about famous personalities, but I'd like to know what niggling things get you going.

My 'pet hate' takes place in the privacy of the rest room, but none of my restrooms at work or at home are included....I hasten to add.

What gets me is the way some people hang the toilet roll from the holder, the wrong way.

Now I can already hear some of you muttering..."What's Clive talking about?" but in my eyes, there's only one way the roll can be hung, and that's with the loose end rolling from the top and hanging FORWARD.

There is no logical reason why it annoys me when it's the 'wrong' way, apart from pure aesthetics.

Anyway, some years ago I decided I'd clean up the world of this annoying practice, I wrote to 'toilet roll' manufacturers suggesting they give instructions on the packet "HOW TO HANG YOUR NEW PURCHASE"

Most of the manufacturers didn't even have the decency to answer... but one of them did.... "Thank you for your inquiry, it has been passed to the department concerned"
I never heard any more.

Apart from writing letters, I've been conducting a 'one man campaign' and when we ever visit anyone I make a point of checking out the 'loo' and if I have to, to correct the installation, it's amazing how many people do get it wrong, about 50%

I have had some difficult situations like on an airplane where I had to dismantle half of the wall of the restroom cubicle to get at the roll, but I did it in the end in spite of much banging on the door from the airline hostess worried if I was OK inside, I said yes.. but couldn't open the door 'till I'd got the panel back in place.

Well, I've gone on enough..... What gets you??