Please don't get insulted if I say that I have been entirely unable to find a really good optician for my O.D practice in southern calif. I have had 3 very marginal ones and am looking earnestly for a superb optician that can solo manage my optical shop for the next 15 years (10 jobs per day).:cheers: I am willing to pay handsomely and would like to get advice as to what constitutes a superb optician. Here are my criteria:

-The person should have an exhaustive understanding of the optical principles behind everything that we sell as well as a thorough grasp of the practical aspects of all options, lens materials, frames etc. This implies at least 5 yrs work exp and ABO training.

-Person should be truly energetic, outgoing and with awesome communication skills. Must make the patient as excited and enthusiastic about the products as we are. Must be able to clearly, scientifically yet enthusiastically explain all options to result in outstanding sales.

-Person must be able to do VSP computer billing, lab orders, frames selections and inventory management in their sleep.

-Must have a sense of beauty, fashion, elegance and business combined. Patients should be provided with beautiful frames that are sturdy, fashionable and ideal for their situation while maximizing profits. Person should be able to effortlessly fit, adjust, fix and manipulate those frames and lenses. Patients should be routinely thrilled with their new glasses.

-Person must have a complete understanding of the business elements involved in dealing with surfacing labs, uncut lens houses, frame vendors etc. Must have a mania for not allowing themselves to get ripped off by any of these entities. Must be obsessed by turnover time and providing exceptional customer service.

-Person must fully understand that in a high end boutique patients are paying a high premium for these services and they deserve the very best.

Do such opticians exist? Is this unreasonable? HOW DO I FIND THEM??:hammer: