Thread: Puerto Rico Opticians Website

Bad address email on file

Puerto Rico Opticians Website

Hello Eyecare Professional:

Now is running a new website designed for opticians. In this page you can find laws, rules and code of ethics for opticians in Puerto Rico.

I want to add more information about my profession and to have relations with other organizations, opticians, schools and companies to knows new laws, rules, tecniques and other themes that is important for opticians.

> I need help to find a list of states that is required a licenses but I have only two.

Visit us! http://www.opticospr.org

Thanks,

Melvin Casillas
    Licensed Optician
    webmaster@opticospr.org

----------------------
    The experience is a factor but work in law is great deal.
    Please make your eyeglasses with licensed optician. It's Law!!!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Melvin, this is a post I just put on the Optiboard under the job board. Please send any good information you have. Thank you!!! Optician moving to Puerto Rico from Texas--help!!!
    I am a ABO/NCLE dispensing Optical Manager For Wal-mart in Austin, Texas. I'm moving to Puerto Rico beginning of August so my wife may go to Optometry school there. I understand PR requires Opticians to be Licensed and have an Associate degree in Optical Sciences that is recognized by their Board of Higher education. Which schools have associate degrees that are approved by PR? Will PR accept licensing from Texas? Is residency required before licensing or degree plans can be obtained? When and where are the Puerto Rican licensing exams held? Can I take such an exam from Texas? Are there on-line degree plans that would be acceptable in PR? I have attempted to call the office of Regulations and Licensing there but have not gotten a reply yet. Any information I could get from any of you would be greatly appreciated!!! (PS: please don't hold the Wal-mart thing against me- I understand that private practices can do many things that can't be done in my job and I refer potential patents out all the time for expanded lens parameters, isekonic grinds, wrap prescription lenses, and particular lenses and frames we don't have.) Anyway, I'll quit apologizing and appreciate any help you can send me--THANX!!!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I have added your website to my listing at, were you will find more from other states. See it at
    http://optochemicals.com/web_listing.htm ...............................

and look under Indexing Educational, History in Optics, Optical Association Websites

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    It's great that you had the initiative to make an targeted website. The Puerto Ricans will be grateful to you.

Thread Information