Thread: China

Master OptiBoarder sandeepgoodbole's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Arrow China

Want to explore China for Frames,goggles, Machinary for Lab and Dark room.
    Can some body tell me who are the right suplliers in China ?

Thanks!

SG

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Re: China

sandeepgoodbole said:
    Want to explore China for Frames,goggles, Machinary for Lab and Dark room.
    Can some body tell me who are the right suplliers in China ?

Thanks!

SG
    Sandee

Nobody in the optical will tell you or guide you to a source in China, specially not on a public forum. Nobody would want to disclose any inexpenses resources.
    You will have to go through the internet search engines and find out.
    Good luck.

Bad address email on file

Thumbs up Jai Gopal Ki!

Hello Sandeep,

Try writing to commercial attaché, Embassy of the Republic of China in New Delhi. I am sure they have hundreds of addresses that you require.

Please convey my respected pranam to your pitaji,mataji,bhabhiji and pyar to your bache.

Jai Hind!
    :cheers:

Shabbir

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    SG, next month in Italy is the MIDO exhibition.

If you are seriously interested in importing frames from China, Korea, Hong Kong or any of the Far Eastern countries, I strongly suggest you make a visit to this fair. Theses countries are all well and truly represented with amazing bargains, and today, great quality for the price.

At the same time you will be able to see their products and quality and discuss prices and quantities with them..... far better than faxes or emails which in my experience they're not too good at answering.

Be prepared however, they're not interested in supplying 5 of this and 10 of that, a usual minimum quantity is 200 to 300 per model

You'll also find machinery and goggles....... Dark room equipment? ...errrh I don't know

Good luck, Clive

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sandeep:

If you get any positive results with this, please share.

Chip

Sandeep:

Also always remember that some day the dragon will try to devour those it serves (much like Wallmart). Be prepare to slay the Dragon when you have too.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile china

Priya Sandeepjee, namaste, contact Jerry Huang at eyetailor.com

Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Hi Sandeep,

There are more than 10,000 suppliers in China! What kind of quality and price range are you looking for??

Here are some suggestions:

1. Suppliers use European parts or material (example: OBE hinges), Try Hong Kong companies. They usually have their own manufactories near Goung Dong area. Price range from $10 USD and up, FOB China.

2. If you want detailed engraving works done on your product, then you must use Japanese owned manufactories. They are mostly in Shan-Ghai area. Price range from $20 to $45 USD each FOB China.

3. If you are looking for frames in cheap! cheap! cheap! There are hundreds of local Chinese owned factories in Wen Zhou area. Each frame is as low as 70 cents USD each! Frames are made without any tumbing, polishing! They will run out of shape in 3 months and break apart two weeks after.

4. Taiwanese owned manufactories in Goung Dong are very good with injection products such as goggles and PC lens. Price range from $1 USD to $10 USD depends on the finish you want to achieve. Of course, tooling charge is not included!

Products made by foreign owned manufactories provide better quality (as what you seen at the show sight), and better service (better return or exchange policy). *Foreign owned--American, Italian, French, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong. Local Chinese products are still many many years behind because they still process by hand works a lot which means the first piece sample might be very different from products deliver to your hand 4 months later!

I would not suggest to import any machinery made in China no matter who owns the company not unless they have a legal registered local distributor! I use a few Chinese made machines myself and I had experienced to strip everything apart myself. :angry: By the time I put them back together, I also know how to make the machine myself!!!:shiner:
    Last edited by JERRY HUANG; 04-11-2004 at 02:58 AM.

Sandeepbhai,

I use Chinese made ophthalmic lenses(I think you know about that)which I acquired from Dubai,let me tell you, they are of superior optical quality and I am thinking of ordering more for my next projects.

I sent you an email with photographs you wanted,please check your mail box.

Best regards,

Shabbir

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Arrow True

Clive Noble said:
    SG, next month in Italy is the MIDO exhibition.
    Be prepared however, they're not interested in supplying 5 of this and 10 of that, a usual minimum quantity is 200 to 300 per model

You'll also find machinery and goggles....... Dark room equipment? ...errrh I don't know

Good luck, Clive
    Thanks Clive .. I am trying to find out parties who will deliver me the Retailer Quantities. Small in number but order every month.

Let us see what happens.

Sandeep

:(

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Arrow Yes..

Thanks Jerry, for describing the Over all situation.
    It will help me in compairing the Market.

Thanks A Lot !

Sandeep

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Re: china

harry a saake said:
    Priya Sandeepjee, namaste, contact Jerry Huang at eyetailor.com

WOW! Harry jee,

I Saw Hilton siss in pose 007. Tell me more about your Crispy Adventures.;)

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Share the Dragon

[QUOTE]chip anderson said:
    Sandeep:

If you get any positive results with this, please share.

Chip

Sandeep:

Also always remember that some day the dragon will try to devour those it serves (much like Wallmart). Be prepare to slay the Dragon when you have too. [/QUOTE

Hallo Chip,
    I would certainly put my experiance over here. Thanks for encouraging me.
    BTW, Which places in China do you consider doing good job for our trade ?

Thanks!

Sandeep

Occupation

Here are some ....................................

Sandeep

Here are some results:

...optical frames,optical glasses,reading glasses,stainless steel reading glasses,stainless steel frames, manufacturer, sunglasses, lens, monocle,

Taiwan, China- sunglasses, optical products, sport sunglasses, man
    Manufacturer of sunglasses, optical frames, sports frames, metal frames, plastic frames and children's sunglasses since 1984. Offers photos and...

Optical Frames - Optical Frame Manufacturers, Optical Frame
    Start here to find manufacturers and exporters of Eyeglasses, Sunglasses, Reading Glasses, Optical Frames from China and around the world.

global glasses co.,ltd
    We are solely foreign-owned company,one of the leading optical frames manufacturers in China. We supply optical frames to U.S.A, Europe,and worldwide...

reading glasses optical frames sun glasses manufactured in
    Produces optical frames, sunglasses and reading glasses in China. Optical frames, sunglasses and reading glasses. Includes product information,

Glasses - Frames Photography/Optical China Companies Directory
    China,Glasses - Frames, Photography/Optical, Companies Directory ... Places. Aerial Mapping. Aerial Photography. Binoculars/Telescopes. Camera...

www.MADE-CHINA.com
    Glasses. READING GLASSES. SUNGLASSES. OPTICAL FRAMES. MEMORY. Mobile Accessory. CASE. HOUSING. HANDFREE ... [SUPPLY] Sell China machine &

Rayman Speco (since 1983) (China & Taiwan) - All kinds of EYEWEARS -
    Profile: Factory Location: China & Taiwan. Established in: 1983. Capital: USD1,975,000. Annual Sales: USD2,850,000. No.
    From:http://www.allproducts.com.tw/manufa.../supplier.html

Optical Frames
    China products of Optical Frames. Shanghai Aoya International Trade Co.,Ltd. is one quality china supplier for you to purchase quality Optical Frames...
    From:http://www.alibaba.com/bin/hermes/in.../10160279.html

Optical Frames
    China products of Optical Frames. Wenzhou Redstar Optical Co., Ltd. is one quality china supplier for you to purchase quality Optical Frames...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Adventures

Priya Sandeepjee, most pleasant talking with your sister Sangeeta, two nights ago, we will go to the indian fair and next week we will have dinner, as it has been quite awhile.
    .....Sangeeta sent those pictures of the hilton sisters after she saw them on the optiboard. I also at sangeetas direction went to the picture website and now i know what you and your family look like.
    .....Jerry Huang is going to give you the best advice of anyone, on the china situation as he is over there all the time, I am planning on going with him in november when they have the big fair. I gave you wrong address on Jerry, best to email him at eyetailor@aol.com
    .....As always, my family and i convey our best wishes to you and the family.73,s

Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    To Chief Chip:

There is a "eyewear town" right on the downtown of Guang Zhou in China (about 70 miles from Hong Kong), you can buy good quality frames at very reasonable price. I saw a few duplicate of Cartier drill mount rimless in different names for barely $12 USD each. Kawasaki drill mount rimless costs about $15 USD made in Beta titanium. $14 USD for Silhouette rimless. You can pick one piece at a time! "Gucci" sunglass is replaced by "Cucci" at $ 5 USD each. *Brand names are printed differently on those products described above!

You may also find 1.6 index lens with AR coating at $5 USD a pair at the same place.

I can take you guys to buy frames at good quality and very cheap price except horn frames.........:bbg: :bbg: :bbg:

Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Hi Optipros,

I am going back to Mongolia on the coming Monday! If there is anything (frames, tools, patterns, cutters, drills, nose pads, ear pieces, leather goods, watches, purses, shoes, easy-to-fall apart machines.....etc). Please post your requests here and be detail!

I will be flying around the country from time to time and I will be very glad to take pictures for the items you are looking for. Price and contact information can be email to your private email box.

I will try to check this post once a week and give you a very friendly reply (Sorry!, some computers just cannot key in English right in Mongolia!!)----------

:bbg:

Occupation
    For me, the focal area (har har) in China is Danyang, near Shanghai - this is where many, many optics companies are based, for lenses, frames, accessories, machinery.
    You can spend a good concentrated 2 weeks just in Danyang City visiting all the factories. i have visited quite often now, maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
    The problem is selecting the right partners who are not themselves intermediaries or agents of other agents or distributors, everyone wants a slice of any business going. You need to get to know the factory owners, and for this you need a good trusted Chinese partner. If you find out how to do this, then please tell me!

Occupation

Blue Jumper Made in China .com...............................

Thread Information