Liz Martinez, ABOC, NCLC, Lic. Optician, BA, MA
    47-01 Greenpoint Ave., #114
    Sunnyside, NY 11104-1709
    Tel: 347/723-6287
    Fax: 360/242-0811
    E-Mail: hozro@hotmail.com
    Web site: www.OpticalCE.com

Brief background and qualifications:
    Liz Martinez has over 20 years of experience in all facets of the optical industry, including a long career in management and training. She is an instructor in the opticiany program at Interboro Institute in New York City, a two-year college. Previously, she taught opticianry in Virginia. She pursues a combination of teaching, lecturing and writing on a full-time basis.

Martinez is the author of the book "The Retail Manager's Guide to Crime and Loss Prevention: Protecting Your Business From Theft, Fraud and Violence" (2004, Looseleaf Law Publications). She has published many articles on optical topics for Eyecare Business, Optometric Management, AllAboutVision.com, Refractive Eyecare for Ophthalmologists, Lab Talk, as well as in consumer magazines, including Family, Salute, Hispanic, and more. Most recently, she was the senior editor of Vision Care Product News and Optical Lab Products magazines.

She specializes in clinical as well as management topics, with a special expertise on crime and loss prevention. She is a member of ASIS (American Society for Industrial Security) International; the Diversity Council of the New York City Chapter of ASIS; the International Assn. of Marine Investigators; and the Police Writers Assn.

Professional Credentials:
    Licensed in both New York and Virginia, as well as ABO and NCLE certified. B.A. John Jay College, M.A., Seton Hill University. Extensive publication and lecturing credits.

Courses:
    Edging & Dispensing 3-Piece Mountings; Optical Security is Everyone's Business; Marketing to Minorities; Fitting Considerations for Ethnic Minorities; other topics developed upon request

Sponsorship:
    Available
    www.OpticalCE.com

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Thumbs up

I just wanted to say that I read one of your articles on line I believe regarding theft and I really respect you and I guess you could say I am a fan. I have been an optician for the last 8 years and now work for a lens manufacturer. It's good to see a young woman who has so much knowledge and is so willing to share it. I also like the fact that you are probably hispanic. You go girl!

Thread Information