Thread: Insurance Bank Info

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Insurance Bank Info

Hello There,

Been a while since I have posted in the Board, I just now registered. Any case since I have been in ECP for many years, I have seen the growth in the patient side in INSURANCE for Vision. Inquires is growing, fillings, inquiries to member's coverage of thier plan, etc., etc., is a pain process and expensive in time and labor. I am pretty much knowledgeable on most of the major plans, but at times the patient don't even know what they have. So anyone of you out there know any banks of INFO you call or subscribe to and maybe get patient eligibilities by calling or going to a web site? Surely would be nice to just dial give thier member id and group # and with one call you would know thier vision coverages, of course privatecy might come to play here. Heck we have the technology got to be a way on this. Maybe an idea to start a business like this to make it easy for the ECP.

:hammer:
    rey

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wouldn't that be a great way to get insurance information, maybe a business venture could start here. Nonetheless, insurance companies do not have a banking system, and/or a banking system does not exist for insurance companies - Hippa and all - and it would be more costly for an insurance company to have to download to a system rather pay someone minimum wage to sit at the computer and feed you the wrong information, or get their supervisor to do it. Your patient has a certain amount of responsibility to understand his insurance. If they don't, have them pay upfront and let them deal with the hassle. Guarantee, after their experience, they will be sure to know the next time.

:cheers:

Cowboy

Bad address email on file
    VSP is doing just what eyecare4U is talking about. If they can do it, so can any other insurance company. It's just a question of priorities on the part of the insurance company. Apparently, it's not a priority for any other insurance company but VSP.

Thread Information