Thread: Check this out!

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    $128 ultrelite varilux complete including frame RETAIL!!!

Do I get a free eye exam with that, and buy one get one free??:bbg: :drop: :drop:

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    They tell you to ask a friend to measure from one eye to another. Isn't that illegal? That is dispensing.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ya know, it is just getting too rediculous! On-line shopping has gone too far! For-life is right, it is illegal. If they are not registered as a merchant with the state that a consumer orders from, and they are not registered or licensed opticians, then they have a problem. However, who is going to go after them, you, me, the other guy? It would be a total loss of money and time. The only solution at this point would to create a national Union. Not like OAA, but a branded union that is recognized by all states. But, that isn't going to happen either. We might as well face facts, the industry is no longer a respectable position. Sure, we'll have tose patients that want our service and products, and perhaps that will keep us all alive, but for each of these 18oo's and 39dollarglasses places that pop up, we loose that many clients to junk that we refuse to handle because we have integrity, honor, discipline, and self-worth.

Thats my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!!

:cheers:

Cowboy

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    I am a businessman with a honours of bacholars in Marketing. I am also a licenced optician. But even though I am a businessman I get very annoyed that the government makes decisions that help the big guys out, screw the little guys, and most of all, screw the customer. Here in Ontario we have a lot of good regulations that prevent companies from 1-800 contacts and 39dollarcraap from entering our market, but we also have some really stupid stuff created to help the OD's screw us over (I do not have a problem with OD's, I have a problem with the legislation). For instance, it is considered a conflict of interest that opticians and od's work together. So od's hire people for $10 an hour to do their dispensing for them, even though those people are untrained. But us opticians have to work witht he $40 an salaries. The od's work under cost plus, where they sell glasses and add ons at cost and add like a $80 charge over top the whole thing, but us opticians cannot do that because we do not have the same flow of traffic. The worse part is neither is in the benefit of the consumer. So it is only helping the od's control the market.

That is just one example of government working for the wrong thing.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Lightbulb 39.00 glasses

after reading there very repetive diatribe, i think that will drive a lot of people away, also notice all the extras, 39.00 only applies to a few cheap frames, which is not much different then all the places selling 2 for 99.00
    .....Whats really interesting is the fact that they are coating polycarbonate with 100% uv protection, somebody knows a lot, not to mention there going to coat both sides of the lens with scratch guard protection. Wonder who there technical guru is.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    As a business person...

-It is a great looking site.
    -Pretty straight forward, although it doesn't address what happens if you scratch them.
    -I especially like the fact that since the customer is "self fitting", the only reason for a remake is a Dr. change -this is brilliant! (I may have an area set up w/ a curtain in my office where folks can "self fit" for a reduced fee and no warranty.

As a consumer...

-Has fitting a pair of glasses really been this easy all along ?

-"Connect the dots pupil measurement ?" Heck, my 6 year old can measure me ?

-"What is the index of refraction?" Heck! This site teaches more than most opticians at MegaMart know!

Very interesting site Jim!

Thread Information