Thread: Please Inform

Question Please Inform

hello opti -tipsters around the community, country and the world

Do i have to have ABO Certification, and NYS Licence in order to buy high quality opthalmic eyewear with demo lenses.

If i dont need it then except $$$ what else should i have to buy frames?

Best Regards

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question

If you work in a Doctors office in N.Y. State you can work under His Lic. without ABO or N.Y. Lic. One of those quirks in the N.Y.
    law. 1. But I m wondering why are you interested in buying frames? 2. A working knowledge of all aspects of the Optical field
    would be good for starters on what else you need. 3. Your question does not give us enough information on why you need this information. For starters if your in an optical setting you should have some idea on what goes on in purchasing frames and other optical products. I m just not sure on what your asking.
    :hammer:

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Appearently, anyone can buy them direct from most manufacturers on the net now? Patient's come in all the time with frames they bought off the net for lenses. Some even shop my stock and have the nerve to tell me the will buy it off the net.

Chip

Hello to all repliers, thanx for the reply
    Let me clear up the matter,

I don't want to sell a complete pair of eyeglasses, For ex: got nice frame(s) customer shows me his/her Rx i reccomend the frame with demo lenses and then i reffer the client to local optician/optometrist so he would put in the required lenses with all the needed extras. ( I am saving 30k-edging machine + Shipping of delivery-lab+ cost of lenses-lab + extras-coating, tint)
    Customer goes to Optom/optician and shows the likable/lovable frame the rest is Optometrist or Optician biz,

I make $$ only on the frame nothing more ( That way- I have more customers just like i guess Robert Mark does)

Very simple I take half the head ache and the optician take the other:bbg: :idea:

Bad address email on file Mikol's Avatar
    what if the frames you sell do not handle the Rx ? Example a +10 wrap and the client wants a -8.00 in a progressive....who will assume responseability if the frames break? Who will do all the adjustments on "your" frames.......

just some thoughts you might consider.............

sincerely
    Mikol
    :cheers: :cheers:

I would consider my self as a frame salesman not an optician and would send this customer to my OPtometrist who will deal with this.
    foe ex:
    just like a car made by Ford or ABC. inc the company sells the cars but it won't garantee that it will be recalled after a few years for some fix on natural deffect :angry:

an old saying "The mother can satisfy every child she has, but every child can't satisfy the mother"
    same principle here out of few million of customers there will be a few, unsatisfied

thanx for reply:cheers:

Thread Information