Thread: Magrabi Optical

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Magrabi Optical

I just saw alisting for this company in our trade journal does anyone know about this company.
    Magrabi Optical
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hey Jedi, I read this in the mag. today as well. It raised a lot of eyebrows at work. We were wondering if cultural training included proper use of an AK-47.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

I know Magrabi quite well.

They are the competitor of a former and hopefully future client of mine. (These things come in cycles) While under contract to this client, it was of course my job to rersearch the competition thoroughly. Besides retail, they (in my opinion) very unethically control numerous distribution channels in the Middle East and the "big guys" allow it as well as many of the boutique manufacturers because it comes down to the green stuff and western companies cannot distribute directly. For the moment I am going to ignore the Ak-47 and such comments, although sometimes when I see this kind of thing, and EdKENDance, I honestly think you are a terrific contributor here..........it's just a most recent example......... I want to ask the posters how many Muslims, people from a different culture etc, they have personally known.
    Anyhow, the client I refer to is a regular member of this Board and goes by Loomy. A very ethical, eager to provide quality to the consumer company. I have the utmost respect for he and his family founded and operated business. Which by the way for those of you who may not understand anything about the Arab culture other than what the media feeds you, was founded by Loomy's mother. That's right...... a woman in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia who is an OD and runs a sizable company. So I could place a ten page report about Magrabi in here but Steve would probably kill me let alone that Loomy paid for that report and therefore owns it. However, if you have a specific question regarding Magrabi, ask away!

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Laurie,

Their website seems geared towards westerners; is this because of the location of their stores aand their corporate partners who have vision care contracts with them?

Thread Information